The SPW MiniMessenger

Lexus199

For people who don't know what I'm talking about, it's that little chat "thingy" at the bottom right of the forum that allows you to message people. It's kind of like a instant messenger I guess. Do people use it? I notice people on it all the time but I hesitate to message anyone on it since I'm new here.

coyote

is that what that is?

i thought god was talking to me

Well, in that case, you can talk to me anytime you want

I might not answer though - in case I'm at work or something

Last edited:

awkwardamanda

Some people use it. Some people don't. I don't mind it. But there are a few things you should know about it:
  • It may randomly log you out and show a yellow "!" in the corner, in which case you'll need to refresh. You may have missed a message in the meantime. Some of your own messages may not go through if it happens the other person gets kicked off.
  • Sometimes you won't receive a message until you refresh the page or move to a different page.
  • The green dot means online. The red dot means busy. The grey dot means offline. You may want to avoid sending messages to people who are offline or busy, especially if you don't know them. They probably don't want to be bothered.
  • Don't be offended if you don't get much of a response. They may have simply not gotten the message. Also, for obvious reasons, many people here just don't really know what to say and have a hard time keeping a conversation going, so it may die off pretty quick.

Remus

Staff member
I usually get contacted by people with problems with the site, or just basic angry abuse lol. I always say use the PM system as I get messages the next time I log in and not instantly (yup it sucks!)

Someone once said 'ASL' to me, how last century I thought :p

Apparently the mini-messenger doesn't work on the library computer- which is where I usually log on. My apologies to anyone who may have sent me a message that went ignored.