The quiet ones!!!

jennn

a lot of times when someone is a serial killer or something their neighbors will say " he was a quiet man, kept to himself..."

well I don't know about all of you but I'm not a serial killer and I think those psychos are giving us normal quiet people a bad name!

Starry

When I was at school, I was always "The Quiet One." I'd have people that I didn't even know come up to me and say "Don't you ever talk?" Most of the time I just walked away saying nothing lol. Or sometimes I'd say "Yes." Then look at them blankely and silently until they got bored and walked off.

I had a technology teacher that loved to tease me about the fact I hardly spoke. He'd deliberately call me by the wrong name. Then say "Aren't you going to correct me? You have to speak to correct me" Then laugh, usually with another pupil or a teacher. I really disliked him. :roll:

lacnail

Banned
I remember two different "personality awards" I got from teachers. One was "Quiet Smile" and the other was "Most likely to be a Public Speaker"(which was a joke). I just kind of smiled. I

t didn't hurt my feelings, It just let me know that people I spent a lot of time with and thinking about couldn't even tell who I really was because of my extreme shyness.

I got tired of the "Quiet Girl" label quick.

Now I try to say as much as I can get the nerve to in conversation. It doesn't really matter if it's stupid, what matters is I'm brave enough to say anything..

LittleMissScareAll

jennn said:
a lot of times when someone is a serial killer or something their neighbors will say " he was a quiet man, kept to himself..."

well I don't know about all of you but I'm not a serial killer and I think those psychos are giving us normal quiet people a bad name!

I don't mind if people think I'm a psycho...if it'll keep people away from me then hey, it's not so bad. :twisted:

Warlock

There are people who are scared of me or used to be scared of me because I "never say anything".

shyandnumb

mistmephit said:
"You should be careful of the quiet one"

I'll rather be labeled by this phase than the questions "Why don't you talk? Or are you mute or something?". Anything is better than these annoying questions people ask to get you to talk with them or to tease you. :? Also, it means I can surprise attack (like intentionally pop up behind them and scaring them out of their wits) or play a trick on someone without being suspected after the initial trick. Plus, I can laugh my butt off secretly and still have a quiet, blank look on my face when they ask who done it (the trick part). :lol: Maybe, this saying better meant as a warning for poeple to help detect the sly, mischievous shy type at least in my view point. :wink:

Lyricaljust

Yeah I know about the be careful of the quiet people thing.. I know there was some people when I was still in high school thought I was some sort of creep who always walked with his head down.. this trend reminds me of.. there's a old slipknot song.. I've never been a big fan of Slipknot but they have an old song called "Killers Are Quiet".. I remember when I was walking in the hall one day.. some guy just bumped into me like I wasn't even there.. and started saying "Don't shoot up the school" something like that.. and it just sort of bothered me to be honest.. but it's like whatever.. you people don't even know me.. rot in your ignorance for all I care.. lol

pixiebabi

my mom said when i was a little girl i never used to talk and that i was really quiet and not one of those little kids that touches everything they see in the store. lol anyways like in elementry i was really shy and quiet and sometimes came off kinda weird. but in middle skool i talked more. my whole life people always said 'how come you never talk?' or 'why are you so quiet?' my answer was im not you just dont hear me talking. now im in high school i talk alot but most people dont notice cuz my voice is soft. *sigh* sometimes i just wanna yell at people who say i never talk and say 'just cuz you dont hear me arcoss the room talkin sh*t about other people like you doesnt mean i dont talk!' ...but my good freinds know i talk alot thou =) oh but there is one little myth about shy girls i dont like. guys think quiet girls are freaks...if you know what i mean, sometimes my friends joke about it and it doesnt bother me much anymore but when its guys i dont talk to alot it bothers me. because im not like that. >=(

Clog

Hell yeah. All the bloody time.

In RS the other day we were talking about...erm...something, I forget what. we were supposed to be talking aobut miracles but weren't. Anyway a girl goes 'oh yeah it's always the quiet ones'. Everyone looks at me adn antoher girl. Later on something else came up (same lesson) about being quie and teacher goes 'better watch out for Chloe then!'. I know nothing is meant by i, but it still frustrates me. There again i've had a pig of a day, so I'm probably feeling too crap to comprehend.

dymond26

Your post is too funny. I am a female and have been told that the quiet ones are sneaky if you know what I mean. I am not not sneaky and always have been faithful in all relationships that I have been in.

newbie-who

Comments Ive had over the past ten years or so in workplaces mainly. Lots of them really offended me at the time but then I decied to pity these people for not being able to appreciate diversity and difference amongst people:

You're so quiet.
You're not very verbal, you need to be more pro-active. (!?!)
You just "look" quiet.
Do you speak? (How do you answer that?)
You're very quiet aren't you?
You're very quiet, are you ok/do you understand?
Quiet people make things very difficult.
Its the quiet ones you should watch.
Perhaps he's a plant/spy evaluating the workforce. (If I was they still treated me as an alien life form!)
You're a man of few words aren't you?
Are you trying to say that Dan makes too much noise?
No wonder you're quiet if you worked in the civil service - they must have silenced you.
Do you know whats going on in here? (From a uni leturer just because I wasnt shooting my mouth off with the answers - I actually knew all the answers!)
Don't look so serious.
Cheer up mate it may never happen (X2)
Youre very quiet but very pleasant.
Thats the biggest noise youve ever made (after dropping a load of papers)
Your voice is so soft and quiet.

Then theres things like putting their head and ear in a patronising manner as if to say they re having trouble hearing my voice.

Or when I speak always saying pardon.

Or Cupping their ear and saying something like I cant understand what youre saying.

Youre so bolshy (said in sarcasm obviously)

Then theres general looking over at me in astonishment when I speak.

But places I've worked people have always looked at me aghast when Ive done things as simple as eat a bag of crisps in the office for a snack, or have a cup of cofee, I just dont understand! Eating a banana once sent then into a staring fenzy - I mean is a banana or a plastic cup of coffee an indicator of how introverted/extroverted you are- people have such strange ideas!! Does anyone else get this kind of thing?

I even get it if I wear clothes that they think someone quiet shouldnt wear, like if theyre fashionable or trendy. A new coat after xmas 06 sent one woman quiet strange with her reactions. This particular one also made comments under her breath about my sexuality (I am actually gay - but not in the closet or anything ) but didnt have the guts to challenge her about the prejudice, thats only the only time Ive had sexuality prejudice - its normally awkwardness and ignorance over the quiet and introverted personality.

I even heard some saying he knows how to do excel spreadsheets and databases you wouldnt think it looking at him would you? EH? What?
I must come across as either stupid, snobbish, boring, uninteresting or any combination of those.

One good thing though the work colleagues always take being a quiet and sensitive seeming man as being gay so I never really have to go thriough the comimg out thimg which is weird!

Whats everyones opinions of my ramblings?
I havent imagined any of it, its all true, its not paranoia which is what Im fequently told by people!