The quiet ones!!!

A_Void_Ant

The nerve my teacher had before I finished high school to call me a serial killer all the time, just because I was "THE QUIET ONE"...

I can still hear the things he said in his joking voice, like, "Where'd you hide the bodies this time?", or ,"How many bodies did you kill this time? *hyuck hycuk*" It was very hurtful to me, and sometimes makes me feel like killing him (I really wouldn't ever though...) I had to fake a snicker so that everyone who turned to look at me thought I wasn't embarassed, though of course they all knew I was inside; everyone knew it bothered me.

I hate being the quiet one...

maggie

PJS said:
The nerve my teacher had before I finished high school to call me a serial killer all the time, just because I was "THE QUIET ONE"...

I can still hear the things he said in his joking voice, like, "Where'd you hide the bodies this time?", or ,"How many bodies did you kill this time? *hyuck hycuk*" It was very hurtful to me, and sometimes makes me feel like killing him (I really wouldn't ever though...) I had to fake a snicker so that everyone who turned to look at me thought I wasn't embarassed, though of course they all knew I was inside; everyone knew it bothered me.

I hate being the quiet one...
pretty bad a teacher would say shit like that...that seems kinda like harassment...people are stupid...like, how was that supposed to make you feel? :roll:

John_Ipswich

Re; The quiet ones

Hello

I'm new here so i hope I'm doing this right!

i used to be a teacher myself (a teacher with phobias!!)
Just laugh at comments when peple make them - especially if it's from people your own age.

However, the quiet ones can lead a double life!
i had a female pupil once (13 or 14 years old) she was so quiet at the back of the class and was never a problem

One day the Police arrived and took her away. i later discovered why.
Her mother at home was tidyiing her daughter's bedroom and came upon her diary. She read it (very nosey!) In her diary she had written about her "boyfriend" who just happened to be a married man of 25!
Nobody would have guessed she was that sort!

Sometimes the quieter ones are the most interesting!!

regards

John

benihana

PJS, Thats totally out of line!!! That teacher sucks and shouldn't be able to don the title "teacher." If a high school student says shit like that, its hurtful, they should know better, but it happens w/ peer to peer interactions in HS. F- that...that "teacher" is suppossed to be a role model for the students. Making what, I think also, is harrassing comments (even if they didn't consider it) is plain wrong.

Since, you no longer attend the school, I assume, you have to find some way to move on. Could be difficult, but things like that do hurt for awhile...the best thing is to seek out the most positive way you can to remedy. If you were still in HS, ya gotta say something...if you can't pull the "teacher" aside themselves and address it (prolly the best action), then find someone else who can.

The Jerk did not truly know you but maybe wanted to. My idea is that he probably wanted to relate but didn't know how. This "serial killer" joke was his best and brightest move....and obviously was shit. I guess just notice he was prolly making an effort to communicate and open you up in a very misguided and shitty way.

haze

i dont get that because i do actully talk i just end up saying stupid things or trying to give short answers to end the converation because iam nervous. worst thing i get is my teachers commenting on my lazyness one example is my maths teacher calling me 'slothboy'

jenz

lol haven't been in here in a while but thought id express my self a bit while i can..I used to get that phrase often...sometimes it was is there something wrong with her? ...mentally disabled??? broke up with boyfriend?? I never had one! in the first place lol....aaah i could go on and on.....rightnow im struggling to make my self appear confident and talkaltive..i almost want to give up ..the job deals with media...with MEDIA!!! am i crazy??? lol..but here i am...but my mind is too sluggish for it and my mouth is too slow, lazy to speak up...im thinking of quiting. :(

ShyGirl101

mistmephit said:
Has anyone herd of the saying "You should be careful of the quiet one"?

One time a work one of my work mates made a comment in fun that he better watch me because one day I might turn up and shoot the place up because the project I was working on was changing every 5 seconds.

It is true that I am pretty quite around people. I'm not much for small talk. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else had anyone say anything like this to them in fun like in my case or otherwise.

idk, i'm really quiet but i give everyone a chance i dont judge other ppl cuz they're quiet. i get to kno them 1st. not all the quiet ones are mean.

thequietone

Hehe. I haven't posted in a while, but I saw this thread and had to join in. :D "You should be careful of the quiet ones." Heck yeah! There's a lot more to us than quiet. And yes people have definitely made that sort of joke with me, hence the name.
:wink:

red_reagel

Something like that...but much worst. I was sitting in the cafeteria by myself (this was when i had to face jr. high alone). And the girl sitting across from me saw I didn't talk to nobody and had no friends, so she's whispering to her friends, "what a pysche."

People are so cruel sometimes, but yeah.

Emma

I wonder if the saying "silence speaks louder than words" means anything to people who make hurtful comments about someone being quiet.

People think I'm creepy and weird for being so quiet, I used to be called a witch and serial killer at school....but I think I can honestly say being quiet could be considered a welcome blessing to someone, at least we'll never be labelled as rude loudmouths or showoffs

red_reagel

Emma said:
I wonder if the saying "silence speaks louder than words" means anything to people who make hurtful comments about someone being quiet.

People think I'm creepy and weird for being so quiet, I used to be called a witch and serial killer at school....but I think I can honestly say being quiet could be considered a welcome blessing to someone, at least we'll never be labelled as rude loudmouths or showoffs

I completely agree. Just because we dont talk as much as they do, doesn't make us diseased or anything. I can understand simply walking up and asking, "why are you so quiet?". But saying rude things really is crossing the line.

One time just because I didn't talk, one girl was saying "is she retarded?" or something.

freakme

I'm new here :) I've got so fed up of people calling me quiet or shy !! Sometime back , even if I knew I was shy , I would make an effort to smile at people , be nice , try to have a little chat . But people can be so cruel , even when you're trying hard , they tell you so bluntly in your face that you are shy. I once even got : " Why are you so shy ?" ... God this is so mean , what answer could I possibly give to this ? Now I don't even make an effort to come out of my shell, it's useless.

jessnz

I get comments too, especially at work. They're kinda funny but I don't know how to respond to them, so i just smile and say nothing.
One guy used to always tell me "Shut up Jess, you talk too much!" to poke fun at me. And my boss has introduced me to people saying "This is Jess, she doesn't talk much" 8O
I'm known as the "mouse in the corner" lol.
They don't really bother me, I know I'm quiet.

Scottish_Player

Iam quiet alot of the time, more so because iam just thinking about things or talking to myself in my head lol i have a very active imagination and for this reason it donsnt really bother me if i talk to other people all day, me and my imagination get on just great :)

"Iam not quite i just cant be bothered talking to you" try that one out the next time lol

Erythrocyte

jessnz said:
"Shut up Jess, you talk too much!"
I'm known as the "mouse in the corner"
:lol: The same has been said about me.. I have no idea how to reply to that..
I'm just off somewhere in a daydream...
I often refer to myself as "the clam" or "the turtle" cuz I'm quiet most of the time... but occationally I come out of my shell... :lol:
Lately people around me have gotten to see more and more of that side of me...
So now people say I'm "silent but deadly".... I've decided to take it as a compliment 8)

freakme

Scottish_Player said:
"Iam not quite i just cant be bothered talking to you" try that one out the next time lol

lol, but if you say that most people you are snob or a bit rude :)

Erythrocyte

Edith said:
Erythrocyte said:
now people say I'm "silent but deadly"

haha... like a good rip!

Sorry, I'm not teasing... that's just funny - I say that about my Grandpa's farts. 8O
:lol: hehehe.. that IS funny when you put it like that... :lol:
But I don't think they think me a fart.. ;) ..I think it's because when I opened up, they found me to be very funny and witty..(according to some, I often leave them in stitches :roll:).... then we played trivial persuit and I kicked ass 8) ...then we were playing singstar, and I "won" them all...... me!... the little quiet girl in the corner :twisted:
I was really worried they wouldn't wan't to play anything with me anymore, but all they did was congratulate me, and demand a rematch :D

Lance

haha believe me i got that all the time. Quiet guys are usually the ones you do not want to mess with. One day in gym class my senior year some guy kept talkin shit on me the whole class and gettin in my face, btw im 6'0 220 lbs very muscular, he was one of those cocky loud guys who thought he could take on anyone. Anyway, the gym teacher gave us both a pair of boxing gloves, knowing i would pummel the poor kid. So everyone circled around us, the guy had no idea i was a boxer, i let him hit me 3 times and just kinda grinned. After that i hit him with a straight right punch in his jaw and dropped him instantly. He tried to get back up, calling me all sorts of obsenities the whole time, only to trip over his own feet like a drunk. It was hilarious.

haze

Lance said:
haha believe me i got that all the time. Quiet guys are usually the ones you do not want to mess with. One day in gym class my senior year some guy kept talkin shit on me the whole class and gettin in my face, btw im 6'0 220 lbs very muscular, he was one of those cocky loud guys who thought he could take on anyone. Anyway, the gym teacher gave us both a pair of boxing gloves, knowing i would pummel the poor kid. So everyone circled around us, the guy had no idea i was a boxer, i let him hit me 3 times and just kinda grinned. After that i hit him with a straight right punch in his jaw and dropped him instantly. He tried to get back up, calling me all sorts of obsenities the whole time, only to trip over his own feet like a drunk. It was hilarious.

nice one. i dont understand people like that, espicelly weak small people who seem to think they will get away with annoying people twice their height. Guess they just relay on the other person not reacting but Push someone enough and eventully they will start pushing back. Even after doing that some people would just begin doing what they were doing again they dont learn its as if you would need to beat them on a periodic basis just to stop them being annoying, sad really.

Lotrsfan

I've had some of those things told me too.
"Why are you so quiet?"
"God, you really need to talk more?"
"It's abit difficult because your so....you know shy and quiet...."
"Do you talk?"
"I bet your really loud at home." (true actually)
I've had someone wrote in a card from a place i was leaving
'Goodbye, chatterbox' and then she showed me the messege and laughed and i didn't really know how to react but just smiled though inside I was really uncomfortable and embaressed.
"TALK!"
"Why don't you talk?"