The OA season two

Xervello

Curious to see if anyone here is a fan of The OA and watched season two yet? It dropped about a week go and once I finally got access to Netflix again I binged that shiz (8 hours worth) in one day. Won't spoil anything other than to say I thoroughly enjoyed it but it's quite different in tone from season one (imo) and very, very puzzle-heavy narratively. A little Westworld-ian. Which I dig! And it still has that metaphysical social commentary that made the first season great. The only negative I'd say about it is that while I liked how much more of a mindbleep this second season was, it felt to me like it lacked an overall thematic purpose that season one had. But that's not necessarily a bad thing; just depends on your tastes. I still found it highly engrossing, shocking, emotional and the ending made me chuckle that it went where it did. REALLY curious how others found that particular nugget.

Anyone else a fan? Would love to read your thoughts on it. :D

Cyrax

I loved it. I heard or read somewhere that when they first pitched the show they had 5 seasons mapped out, so I'm hoping that it's popular enough for netflix to continue with it. Have you seen The Leftovers by any chance? If you like The OA I think you might enjoy that as well.

Xervello

I loved it. I heard or read somewhere that when they first pitched the show they had 5 seasons mapped out, so I'm hoping that it's popular enough for netflix to continue with it. Have you seen The Leftovers by any chance? If you like The OA I think you might enjoy that as well.

FIVE seasons?!? I can't imagine where they would even take it from the second season finale but good to know they have a plan, at least. Love just about everything Brit Marling does.

And yeah, I loved The Leftovers! I'm a huge Damon Lindelöf fan (Lost is one of my all time faves) so I watched it. Once they finished the book's storylines in season one and started with Damon's stuff in season two and three, I was hooked every Sunday. Lookin' forward to Damon's new Watchmen interpretation on HBO coming this year. What did you think of The Leftovers?

Cyrax

Well, not anymore. It looks like it got cancelled. :cry: Which really sucks as it is really the only show currently that I could honestly say that I loved (although, I'm getting into Preacher and it looks promising). Although, there is a push to #savetheOA and conspiracy theories that it's a marketing ploy/part of the season going IRL. lol. One can only hope.

Oh, and The Leftovers is my all-time favorite show. Was just going to recommend it if you hadn't seen it. :p

Last edited: