The OA season two

Xervello

Curious to see if anyone here is a fan of The OA and watched season two yet? It dropped about a week go and once I finally got access to Netflix again I binged that shiz (8 hours worth) in one day. Won't spoil anything other than to say I thoroughly enjoyed it but it's quite different in tone from season one (imo) and very, very puzzle-heavy narratively. A little Westworld-ian. Which I dig! And it still has that metaphysical social commentary that made the first season great. The only negative I'd say about it is that while I liked how much more of a mindbleep this second season was, it felt to me like it lacked an overall thematic purpose that season one had. But that's not necessarily a bad thing; just depends on your tastes. I still found it highly engrossing, shocking, emotional and the ending made me chuckle that it went where it did. REALLY curious how others found that particular nugget.

Anyone else a fan? Would love to read your thoughts on it. :D

I loved it. I heard or read somewhere that when they first pitched the show they had 5 seasons mapped out, so I'm hoping that it's popular enough for netflix to continue with it. Have you seen The Leftovers by any chance? If you like The OA I think you might enjoy that as well.

Xervello

I loved it. I heard or read somewhere that when they first pitched the show they had 5 seasons mapped out, so I'm hoping that it's popular enough for netflix to continue with it. Have you seen The Leftovers by any chance? If you like The OA I think you might enjoy that as well.
FIVE seasons?!? I can't imagine where they would even take it from the second season finale but good to know they have a plan, at least. Love just about everything Brit Marling does.

And yeah, I loved The Leftovers! I'm a huge Damon Lindelöf fan (Lost is one of my all time faves) so I watched it. Once they finished the book's storylines in season one and started with Damon's stuff in season two and three, I was hooked every Sunday. Lookin' forward to Damon's new Watchmen interpretation on HBO coming this year. What did you think of The Leftovers?