The masks we wear

Section_31

A mix of varying personality types.

Mostly a few different personalities from star trek next gen and voyager. I try to act as if every person im meeting is a first contact situation with an alien race :p. And i actually mentally follow starfleet protocals for such a situation, and suprisingly its actually helped me through ALOT of situations......

dont judge me! :p

GhoulsNightOut

I don't think I've ever pulled off a successful mask to hide my anxiety. I can control my tone of voice to sound neutral but the rest of my body language confuses them, like not making eye contact and fidgeting.

GhoulsNightOut

A mix of varying personality types.

Mostly a few different personalities from star trek next gen and voyager. I try to act as if every person im meeting is a first contact situation with an alien race :p. And i actually mentally follow starfleet protocals for such a situation, and suprisingly its actually helped me through ALOT of situations......

dont judge me! :p

Haha! That's awesome.

And unbelievably nerdy. :D

Invisibleman

I don't think I've ever pulled off a successful mask to hide my anxiety. I can control my tone of voice to sound neutral but the rest of my body language confuses them, like not making eye contact and fidgeting.

yeah im kind of the same. Even when my voice seems normal my body language is just so freakishly unnatural,I cant look people in the eye and I just look around the entire room constantly. My body is always stiff and so rigid. It sucks.

Naddy

I'm terrible at hiding my anxiety. At first I'll be okay, but then I'll start shaking and losing breath. I've noticed that the latter usually happens whenever I think about my anxiety.

Section_31

I can maintain my composure and mask 90% of the time even if im screaming inside. But there are a few particular individuals i just come unglued around.

Luckily for me those said individuals live 7+ hours away and i hardly ever see them.

Section_31

We need details that's pure genius

LOL, watch star trek :). Pick your fave character. Then sort of "download" their personality for the day and fit in some of your traits....its kinda wierd..

And yes i actually HAVE the starfleet survival guide and first contact protocol book :p. Being scared and shut in allows me lots of time to develop useless knowledgebases. I could even tell you the tech specs of voyagers computer core if you really wanted.

Anyway, point in question, the prime directive helps!