The Liebowitz social anxiety scale - online test

signs05

I got a 63.

However, I doubt that this test is very reliable, what some would consider severe fear, others might call moderate, and vice versa.

Bake

50 (fear) 50 (avoidance) = severe social phobia.

WOW! i didnt think my anxiety was that bad. :?

Shonen_Yo

Over 104 :oops:

Guess I won!

Mind you, I hate these tests because I can never define the variable for myself. have to do a one with a therapist on Monday. I hope it's nothing like this test. I'll always over/under exaggerate.

Starry

47 (fear) + 57 (avoidance) = 104

I don't think it's very accurate though, I'm not good at determining how much fear is the right amount to put down... I think it should actually be lower than that. :?

coriander1992

Starry said:
47 (fear) + 57 (avoidance) = 104

I don't think it's very accurate though, I'm not good at determining how much fear is the right amount to put down... I think it should actually be lower than that. :?

same here. :?
I don't think i'm that bad ! (94)

eggbe4thechicken

yeah me too i got 101, but i have depression, and put myself down a lot, so i'm prob not that bad, i just exaggerate, it's what i do, and doesn't help my depression at all. :(

mienaino

63 (fear) + 55 (avoidance) = 118

It should be:
95-110 Very severe social phobia
Greater than 110 - Hopeless

Marvolo

signs05 said:
I doubt that this test is very reliable, what some would consider severe fear, others might call moderate, and vice versa.

I think too that it's not the most precise test from the possible ones, but it is quite handy. But I myself would add some other questions, for example "telephoning at all" (not only to strangers, also to known people! - I have so at least... :( ) or "passing a group of people or also some single people on the street". And some questions are very similar...

Strange - I worry more about calling to the known people; but, of course, every telephoning is a great psychical anguish for me... :(

joshueg

Thanks very much, Marvolo!!! i' ve done the test and got 92 (severe social phobia).
46 fear/ 46 avoidance.
It doesn' t surprise me :roll:

prince1

Wtf does it mean by picking someone up? this test is very unaccurate i do not have severe social phobia. mine = 91 should be mild around 69.

coriander1992

I would class severe as being the people that can't leave the house or talk to people at all.
I am not like that, yet it still told me i was severe :?

Moonie

I got:

38 (fear) 29 (avoidance) = 67 (Marked Social Phobia)

It seems like I am not bothered by most nonverbal things like writing in front of others, eating, drinking, etc. The only thing that I don't like is people watching me work and walking into a room where people are already seated (at least if there are many in the room, a few I can handle.)

The things that really get me are talking to new people, giving presentations, small group participation, acting in fron of an audience.