The 3rd Wheel

dan_e

Do you always feel like your the 3rd wheel? People don't seem to want to just hang out with you - there has to be someone else involved. You're never the 'best friend'. You're sort of the leftover. Like 'oh, did you want to come too?' or 'you can come with us if you want'. Never 'hey we should get together and do something tonight'. You're never the first person asked, ya know what I mean?

aj

Yes... always have. Back in school when I did actually have a couple of friends I always felt like a hanger-on.

social_phobia2008

dan_e said:
Do you always feel like your the 3rd wheel? People don't seem to want to just hang out with you - there has to be someone else involved. You're never the 'best friend'. You're sort of the leftover. Like 'oh, did you want to come too?' or 'you can come with us if you want'. Never 'hey we should get together and do something tonight'. You're never the first person asked, ya know what I mean?

I know the feeling, but i'm not always the 3'rd wheel. I had that feeling you where talking about a lot of times, but i was considered a best frind to ..let me count...at least 4 persons in my life. And still am considered cause that persons took the time to know and apreciate me.

It even said it to my face a lot of times. And I can still be the best friend to a lot more of persons...if only i could get this SP ended.

Anyway, dan_e, if you ever feel like the 3rd wheel again, there is always the posibility of a tricicle.

Personally, I like to have around more than one person to hang out with..but not more than 3, cause that is where it becomes ''crowdy'', if you know what i mean.

xSleepy

The thing with me is that I dont like fighting for someone elses attention. So if im with a friend, and they decide to bring someone else, then I am usually super quiet and just dont do anything. I usually end up feeling really left out. :(

dan_e

I like the tricycle idea! I'll keep that in mind. That's a good way to approach it (for those of us who can't afford to be choosy;)

LostViking

I've felt like the third wheel for years, as we're three old friends but I constantly feel like the two others are closer than I am with either of them. It's partially true and partially paranoia I think, but it can get horribly exhausting to think about and can easily ruin an entire day if I let it. Worst part is probably that friend B constantly disagrees with me and always agrees with friend C (to the level of fanboy'ism), so I feel like there's a lot hostility directed at me that I know shouldn't be real.

Jotun

Well I have to be the third wheel. I can't function well enough to talk to anyone on a person to person level. It just leads to a bunch of awkward silences.

Siren

Absolutely yes.
Throughout most of grade school through most of high school. Just recently I began to feel like less of a left-over.