The 14th Pokemon movie: Victini and the Dark Hero

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
14?!? Wow, I'm way behind. I think I've seen 3 or 4, maybe 5 of them.

Forgotten-Children

Magikarp used Splash.

It's Super Effective!

Victini and Zekrom fainted!

Magikarp earned 1 billion exp. points:)

xDD

Are they still making movies about Pokémon?

Yep. Pokemon is still going strong is the longest running anime ever! 8D

14?!? Wow, I'm way behind. I think I've seen 3 or 4, maybe 5 of them.

Movie 5 was about Latias and Latios.

Here're the trailers of all the movies Pokemon has.

1st Pokemon trailer (It is so,SO, SO much in Japanese! 4Kids trashed the true art that is Pokemon and Mewtwo's actual backstory! The Japanese version of this movie is my number 1 most favorite Pokemon movie!)

YouTube - Myutsu(Mewtwo) no Gyakushuu/MewtwoVSMew Original movie trailer.

2nd movie (I really wish the scene of the black Lugia was really in the movie but the movie itself is pretty good. :3)

YouTube - Revelation Lugia trailer

3rd movie (Not much to say about it, but I really like this movie.)

YouTube - Pokémon 3 the movie trailer 1

4th Pokemon movie (Probably my least favorite Pokemon movie, but there're things worse than it. And... This is the English trailer. :/)

YouTube - Pokemon 4Ever (2002) HQ trailer

5th Pokemon Movie (Forgot to add this. *sweatdrop* It's in English though..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK0g-fXUdMg

(Unfortunatly I can't find the Japanese trailer which is a MILLION times better than this crap... God I hate the narrator... -_-; )

YouTube - Pokemon Jirachi: Wish Maker - Trailer

(I can't even find ANY trailers on Youtube for the 7th movie. o-O You have to go to this site, but the Japanese version, I guarantee you is better)

Pokemon Destiny Deoxys Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Movie 8 (Probably my second most favorite Pokemon movie yet only surpassed by the Japanese version of the 1st movie!)

YouTube - Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero Lucario Japanese Preview 2

Movie 9 (It's subbed so no need for me to explain)

YouTube - Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy Japanese (English Sub)

Movie 10 (Probably my 3rd most favorite Pokemon movie)

YouTube - Pokemon Movie 10 Trailer

Movie 11 (All I have to say is... ZERO IS HAWT!! He's the villian with white hair. x3)

YouTube - POKÉMON 11TH MOVIE TRAILER!

Movie 12 (You know you're f*cked when the god of all Pokemon is pissed)

YouTube - Pokemon Movie 12 Trailer 2 - Arceus: To the Conquering of Space-Time

Movie 13 (I haven't seen this one yet but REALLY want to if some one would just uploud it on the internet in Japanese maybe with English subtitles. I refuse to watch this movie in English because I just know they're gonna screw up Zoroark's voice because look what they did with Arceus if you can find clips of the English version -_-; )

YouTube - Pokemon Movie 13:phantom Champion Zoroark Trailer 3

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Ok, I've seen 3 1/2 then, I don't think I've seen the entire 4th one. Do they make like a new one every year?

WriterChick3

Wow. I read the topic-title and was like "...There's been fourteen Pokemon movies!?"
I saw the first four in the theater when I was a little kid, was a fan of the show when I was a kid. Of course now that I'm older I don't watch much TV but ....
I had no idea Pokemon was still on television anymore.

.... Yes, the new voice actors kinda stink. I haven't watched it for a long time (I stopped watching many episodes after May came along) ... but turned it on last year to hear the new voices. It bothered me a lot.
And of course ... Misty was cool, so when she wasn't in the show anymore I was disappointed (doesn't like when characters are replaced.)

Luke1993

I thought they only did one Pokemon film lol guess I'm way behind I was quite young when I watched it so I might be misremembering what film it was but what I remembered from it was the premise of the film was Mew vs Mewtwo (but I don't think they actually fought) and towards the end Ash somehow gets turned to stone, but then someone cries on him (think it was Pickachu) and the tears brings him back? :D I remember the cinema gave everyone who attended an "Ancient Mew" rare pokemon trading card which was nice.

Forgotten-Children

Ok, I've seen 3 1/2 then, I don't think I've seen the entire 4th one. Do they make like a new one every year?

Pretty much yeah.

Wow. I read the topic-title and was like "...There's been fourteen Pokemon movies!?"
I saw the first four in the theater when I was a little kid, was a fan of the show when I was a kid. Of course now that I'm older I don't watch much TV but ....
I had no idea Pokemon was still on television anymore.

.... Yes, the new voice actors kinda stink. I haven't watched it for a long time (I stopped watching many episodes after May came along) ... but turned it on last year to hear the new voices. It bothered me a lot.
And of course ... Misty was cool, so when she wasn't in the show anymore I was disappointed (doesn't like when characters are replaced.)

It still is but yeah... I HATE the dub, both the first one with 4Kids and the one we have now by Pokemon USA. -_-

It is, but on CartoonNetwork.. or... CN as it's called now which I hate aswell...

Yeah. I'm never gonna get used to the new Ash. Also... Just for the show in general, I loved Misty. No one can EVER replace her, however, atleast with the new girl named Iris for the Best Wishes season, she'll ATLEAST be better than that dumb bimbo named Dawn.... God I DISPISE her....

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iris_(anime)

I thought they only did one Pokemon film lol guess I'm way behind I was quite young when I watched it so I might be misremembering what film it was but what I remembered from it was the premise of the film was Mew vs Mewtwo (but I don't think they actually fought) and towards the end Ash somehow gets turned to stone, but then someone cries on him (think it was Pickachu) and the tears brings him back? I remember the cinema gave everyone who attended an "Ancient Mew" rare pokemon trading card which was nice.

They had the first 5 in theatres and they advertised it a lot atleast from what I could see. o-O

And yeah, that was the first movie, but the English version completely changed Mewtwo's actual motives. He didn't want to destroy all the humans in the world because he was just a generic villian, he was angry at the scientist's who created him by using science. He knew he wasn't supposed to exist in the way he does right now because God wanted him to be an average Mew.

Going by the CD Drama which was never released to the US, the Mew that Mewtwo fought in the Movie was actually his mother. When she was pregnant with him, the main scientist had to take Mewtwo as a fetus and alter his DNA using the DNA he had collected from Mew's eyebrow.

The reason for the scientist to attempt to create a completely different Pokemon was because he needed funding to bring back his dead daughter who died in a car accident, so he made a deal with Team Rocket's leader Giovanni to pay for the experiments ONLY if he created Mewtwo for him to use in his gym.

This was the very beginning of the first movie which was completely taken out by 4Kids because they said it was too dark for children so they had to make their own half-assed story... -_-

YouTube - Myutsuu no Tanjou japanese raw

Oh also, notice that Bulbasaurtwo, Squirtletwo, and Charmandertwo have those odd markings? Look familiar?

167ngpk.jpg

Luke1993

Hmm so it seems like the plot was actually pretty deep in that original version!

I notice one of the films featured Lucario. I know of him because he replaced Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros Brawl. He's an interesting character to play as, his attacks get stronger when he himself takes more damage.

WriterChick3

Pretty much yeah.

And yeah, that was the first movie, but the English version completely changed Mewtwo's actual motives. He didn't want to destroy all the humans in the world because he was just a generic villian, he was angry at the scientist's who created him by using science. He knew he wasn't supposed to exist in the way he does right now because God wanted him to be an average Mew.

Going by the CD Drama which was never released to the US, the Mew that Mewtwo fought in the Movie was actually his mother. When she was pregnant with him, the main scientist had to take Mewtwo as a fetus and alter his DNA using the DNA he had collected from Mew's eyebrow.

The reason for the scientist to attempt to create a completely different Pokemon was because he needed funding to bring back his dead daughter who died in a car accident, so he made a deal with Team Rocket's leader Giovanni to pay for the experiments ONLY if he created Mewtwo for him to use in his gym.

This was the very beginning of the first movie which was completely taken out by 4Kids because they said it was too dark for children so they had to make their own half-assed story... -_-

Whoa. That is something I did not know.
I can see how it would be something a kid wouldn't understand, maybe even find it too confusing (sometimes kids like to watch happier things with more simplistic ideas) .... but any teens that watched it would probably find it interesting.
It does sound dark. And just the way I like it. *Is a bit weird*

stardreamer

I can't wait to see this movie either! And I too only watch the Japanese now, but oh well. :)
Yep, I'm almost 20 and I still love pokemon. :D

Forgotten-Children

Hmm so it seems like the plot was actually pretty deep in that original version!

I notice one of the films featured Lucario. I know of him because he replaced Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros Brawl. He's an interesting character to play as, his attacks get stronger when he himself takes more damage.

About Lucario, yeah in SSBB he gains more power when hurt, but in the actual games, Aura Sphere is a special fighting move that never misses and does a base damage of 90. No damage increase unfortunatly but if it DID increase in power, Lucario would go from OU tier to Uber in a split second. Not to mention the Legends that learn that move...

Yeah. I recommend watching the whole Japanese version because it's much more emotional. I dunno if you noticed from the raw vid of the very being of the 1st movie but the OST is completely different from the English version because 4Kids decided to write completely new music which sucks in comparison of the original scores in my opinion. I mean.. Listen to these and tell me you don't get chills. Then listen to what 4Kids replaced them with...

--When Mewtwo is angered by the scientists--

-Japanese-

YouTube - [Mewtwo no Gyakushu OST] Arashi no Yokiza

-English-

YouTube - Pokémon The First Movie Soundtrack: 01 - Birth of Mewtwo (Expanded)

--The scene where all the Pokemon are battling thier clones and falling in pain--

-Japanese-

YouTube - [Mewtwo no Gyakushu OST] Inochi Aru Mono

-English-

YouTube - Pokémon The First Movie Soundtrack: 10 - Three on Three

Not to mention the complete removal of this song and replaced with random pop songs... Ugh...

YouTube - Kaze to Issho ni (Together With the Wind)

For those that want them, here're the lyrics to this song translated to English.

How far will you go as you continue to walk?
The wind asks me that, and I stand still
The first drum rang out with a ba-dump
And one single life began

At length, seek out something
Spread out your tiny palms
And find someone right away, okay?
Someone who is not you

My birthday candles have increased, but
I've traveled from my one single hometown

Even now, seek out something
With your wide eyes shining
Inside of your pocket
With someone who is not you...

Several encounters
Several partings
And a bit of illusion-like memories

How far will you go as you continue to walk?
The wind asks me that, and I look to the sky

Shall we go anywhere as we continue to walk?
Together with the wind, we begin to walk again

We'll step on the great earth and go anywhere
Until we seize that dream we aimed for

We'll step on the great earth and go anywhere
Until we seize that dream we aimed for

Lalalala...

Whoa. That is something I did not know.
I can see how it would be something a kid wouldn't understand, maybe even find it too confusing (sometimes kids like to watch happier things with more simplistic ideas) .... but any teens that watched it would probably find it interesting.
It does sound dark. And just the way I like it. *Is a bit weird*

Well... Maybe not very young kids but kids who're 8 years of older would I think. Eh... Maybe I was weird as a kid, but I tended to like things more that were dark and sad... And still do. xD Maybe that's why I like Disney movies so much (Oh. Also, I read that 4Kids hates Disney apparently. x-x I'm not sure if it's true or not but it wouldn't surprise me knowing how dark Disney movies can be and a majority of them ARE meant for kids.)

Naw, you aren't weird. xD

I can't wait to see this movie either! And I too only watch the Japanese now, but oh well.
Yep, I'm almost 20 and I still love pokemon.

*brofists* (Or would that be sisfists? xD I ish a girl)

Yeah, I'm 20 and still love Pokemon. :3 Been a major fan ever since I was 8.

Last edited: