Tell me your worst experience at work?

Livingwithoutlivin

Hey, I want to hear what you guy's worst experience at work has been, since those stories always cheer me up, knowing that I'm not the only one. I'll start by telling you one of mine.

When I was working at the fast food restaurant, I had this experience with some really mean guy. He was brawny and tall and he ordered some coffee, it was like my third day on the job. He was one penny short, and asked if it was OK, and you know, I wasn't sure if I could just allow him to not give one penny- it was my first job, so I said no. He said " This is the stupidest J#$#$ I ever been too" and he kept saying how stupid it was and all this crap, and I kept telling him " today is gonna be a good day for you sir" and this other customer came up to me and told me, he's mad huh, and he gave me a penny that was neccisary for the full amount of the coffee. But that made me feel really bad.

JonnyD

i'm kinda got used to client rudeness when i worked as tech support,
but the worst thing i ever made wast blanking on a meeting, everybody staring at you and you couldn't speak nothing :(

dottie

personally, i would have been lenient about a penny. customer satisfaction outweighs a penny to any sane business, but i'm sure you don't need me to tell you that now.

i guess my worst experience at work was getting fired. that was the worst but at the same time the best thing because I HATED THE JOB. i kept telling myself i was going to quit but never did because i didn't want the stress of getting a new job, so it was a blessing in disguise.

there are countless horrific events i have endured at work due to rude, demanding customers. i should catalogue them.

one time i worked as an assistant and had nothing to do. my supervisor wasn't there so i asked another person who was above me what i should do because i didn't want to get in trouble for doing nothing. so she told me to cut up these cards from this book and sort them in envelopes. so i did. when my supervisor got back she was LIVID. she scolded me and told me never to take orders from that person. the book of cards i cut up and organized was a ridiculously expensive (several hundred dollars), important book and i had completely destroyed it. i was so humiliated. thinking back, i wonder if the person who told me to do that was trying to sabotouge me! after a while i just stopped showing up to that job and did not return their calls. that was 10 years ago, i wouldn't quit that way anymore.

nico82

One of my worst happened last year when I was by myself in the afternoon taking care of the billing questions line and there was like 6 customers waiting on hold. It was horrible, I swear that I had another mini breakdown that day.

Yeah nico82, my bad experiences are similar to that. I worked in a small opticians so there was often only one person on at lunchtime, and of course it would get really busy at lunchtime so i'd get sooooo stressed out trying to do everything at once.
One old guy sticks out in my mind, I was dealing with him, finding him glasses or something, and I felt really panicky so I went down to the back of the shop to breathe, but he followed me down to the back of the shop and kept fuckin following me round! !
I felt so trapped, I almost shouted at him to go back up and leave me alone for one minute!

proudmummy

Oh my god everyday was a bad experience in my job!

I'd get panicky at lunchtime or breaks when i'd go into the cantene (always atleast 10 people and have a maximum of 35) and i'd just want to avoid everyone, or almost everyone unless there was the 3-5 people *I WAS* comfortable with, to the point I could sit, eat, make small small talk with. This was never a group thing, I'd just sit with the one person and sometimes avoid them if they were with someone else I didnt know. So odd, and so sooo scary. Some days I pushed myself and went to sit next to other people... but I knew they thought I was weird because every other time I'd avoid 'em. Sometimes I'd sit next to someone triple my age, what a saddo.