techniques to calm down?

i have this problem of getting worked up about a lot of small things, and then i get overwhelmed by them and begin my panic attack. if i could just understand how to calm myself down and not worry so much, i think it'd solve a lot of my anxiety. i just get very worked up and feel nauseous, and i start to freak out.
any tips?

IGotSeoul

I know how it feels to get flustered with a ton of small problems, they tend to merge into one large problem. I usually rationalize the severity of each thing and create short/long term goals to reduce them.

Perhaps scheduling or creating some type of agenda to organize all the things you need to do? Just try not to be too strict while still managing to get things done comfortably at your own pace.

Damaged

When i feel a panic attack coming along i tell myself i'm not going to die so don't worries, and that if i have one then il just ride it out calmly and not panic. It seems to work, music always helps as well.

Locke

I've come across something so beautifully simple, my ego wanted to throw it away immediately. When anger and resentment creep into some minute of my day, I've been urging my self this--let it go.

Just, let it go.

It's different than saying to yourself--I don't care. But I do care. I think we all do about whatever it is that makes us angry or anxious. But if I can't change what triggers what makes me anxious or what makes me resent myself or others, I tell myself, "let it go".

I'm trying to figure out why that works for me, and I think I'm making peace with myself. At that moment of anxiety, I stop the war inside my head and just make peace.

Last edited:

coyote

I've come across something so beautifully simple, my ego wanted to throw it away immediately. When anger and resentment creep into some minute of my day, I've been urging my self this--let it go.

Just, let it go.

It's different than saying to yourself--I don't care. But I do care. I think we all do about whatever it is that makes us angry or anxious. But if I can't change what triggers what makes me anxious or what makes me resent myself or others, I tell myself, "let it go".

I'm trying to figure out why that works for me, and I think I'm making peace with myself. At that moment of anxiety, I stop the war inside my head and just make peace.

That's awesome!

I think sometimes just stopping to identify your feelings when they come up can allow you to see through them.

Silvox Black

Well, one method that I have found to work, albeit temporarily, is this: Close your eyes and gather all the thoughts of stress, anger, anxiety, pain, depression, sadness, everything that ails you, and imagine you are rolling them all into one small, incredibly dense ball. Now your mind is clear and all your anxieties are within that ball. Lock the ball in the back of your mind. Take some deep breaths to regain composure and there you have it. I suppose if you wish to attempt it you may, though you may not find a liking to it the same way I do.