Susan boyle

Harleyq

The point was she had the balls to do what she did, and we wouldn't be able to do the same. But I was trying to say that she had the balls, yeah, but she could also sing well, and she must have taken the courage from that. We could do the same, but we would need to have a big talent to compensate for our "defects".

I don't agree that a big talent is necessary - just some knowledge that you can do something, but you're too afraid to, normally. For example, I know I can look someone in the eyes and say "hello" but my S.A. holds me back. Susan Boyle (if she had/has S.A.) could be an inspiration because "if she can get up in front of everyone and sing, then I can at least say hello and make eye contact with someone." Nobody's saying we all have to let go of all of our fears and perform some big great feat of accomplishment. Just that if you know you can do something, regardless of whether or not it's considered a talent, then do it. Susan probably didn't draw from anything more than what anybody has within them to do something.

Johno

God could not sing any better. What an amazing ****en voice that she has. . The word talented and (ugly) poised comes to mind. One of a (ugly) kind I would say. She (or he) has plenty of roads to climb. P,S