Suicidally depressed

Riiya

If you dont believe in God (in any small way, shape, or form) then I guess the gesture of flicking off the supreme creator of all existence holds a lesser value.

But if you do (even if its just a little bit) then the significance is obvious. If God has turned his back on you and drove you to this point then F**k him. You dont need him. You have strength enough to pull through, and exist against his will.

I didn't realize it until just now, but I never really understood why some people have this strange sense of entitlement - as if God owed them anything and if their life sucks that obviously means God doesn't exist. I always thought the idea was that men are servants of God and they do what they have to do, not because they expect anything in return. One of those western things, I suppose. Interesting.

Argamemnon, I remember when I first signed up that you were on the verge of suicide as well. Hope you can go through this like you did a few months ago.

Rise Against

"try this Sleep Deprivation and Depression on MedicineNet.com who knows, it just might work"

That... sounds like a terrible idea! And i know from personal experience that going with little sleep for an extended period makes depression even worse. It even says that on the page lol.

Yeah i agree, but if your suicidal, it might be worth trying

BeachGaBulldog

For a long time, I have been depressed. Hell, my whole life. Also, there have been umpteenth times where I thought about suicide, but I am too scared to do it.
Things are so bad, that I want to leave this world very much. I just don't like it. I can't wait to die. I keep hoping that the next breath will be my last.
I saw someone in another post say that "life has dealt them a bad hand". ME TOO! But, I know that God is not going to let me off that easy. I was meant to suffer.
Ever since I was young, everything has always been a struggle. Things that always seem to work out for others just wouldn't work out for me. I was told early on that I was unlucky. I believe it.
I have found that whatever I do to change my life, NOTHING EVER CHANGES. Reading the bible, talking to God, praying, and no help. I have cussed God. Now, I don't even believe there is one, because why would he make a person suffer for 49 years.
I always hear that a person is a coward for taking their life. My therapist said that she thinks it is a very courageous thing. I do, too. It takes a lot of guts to take that step. Oh well, I keep hoping for that last breath......

Noca

Banned
My therapist said that she thinks it is a very courageous thing. I do, too. It takes a lot of guts to take that step. Oh well, I keep hoping for that last breath......

It sure does take a lot of guts or impulsiveness to commit suicide without a gun.

Morgan01

They never did anything for me. My psychiatrist thinks I'm on antidepressants. What he doesn't know is that I had stopped taking it, since it didn't help.

you should never just stop taking your medicine like that it really messes you all up. I reccomend you be honest with your psychiatrist.

Argamemnon

I've been feeling horrible in the past week constantly thinking about death. My psychiatrist doesn't understand how much I suffer. Maybe I should be more direct and tell him that I feel so bad that I want to die. But the problem is that this feeling is always there and never changes. There really is no solution, pills or therapy are futile. I was meant to suffer horribly. I feel that I can't continue to work.

Last edited:

Morgan01

I've been feeling horrible in the past week constantly thinking about death. My psychiatrist doesn't understand how much I suffer. Maybe I should be more direct and tell him that I feel so bad that I want to die. But the problem is that this feeling is always there and never changes. There really is no solution, pills or therapy are futile. I was meant to suffer horribly. I feel that I can't continue to work.

Yes you really should be more direct with him, or perhaps try a new psychiatrist.. I've had tons of them.. honestly 3/5 suck at what they do so you have to search.
I understand how you feel.. I have had really low points in my life and if things were ever starting to get better some kind of problem would always start to creep back up again. I used to want to kill myself everyday. I would walk into a room and think of all the possibilities. but now I see that there is something good in my life now that came from all those hardships, I really would not wish to go back and change anything. sometimes i wish things could be a little easier but a lot of times in life the easier way out is the not the best way out.
always keep fighting. if you really get to where it's to much and you don't know what else to do just call 911 or check yourself in a hospital

BeachGaBulldog

I have suffered from depression my whole life, and have wanted to commit suicide for a long time. However, I am scared to do it. I keep hoping that I can get up the courage to do it.
Life has always been a struggle for me. I don't want to live. I pray to God for him to kill me right now, so my lifelong suffering will be over.
For several years, I have gone to several therapists, and taken meds out the kazoo, but it hasn't helped. I don't care about myself at all. Nothing in my life ever changes. No matter what I do to try and change things, everything stays the same. I'm tired of it. Its like one step forward and one hundred steps back.
I keep hoping that my next breath will be my last.