Study / Exam. / Info. Queries & Questions.

brownbag

Preparing for a - Quiz or mock Exam ?

Need tips for - writing an essaY ?

Studying for an - Examination ?

Or simply just looking for answers to - General Knowledge Questions :?:

Feel absolutely free to post your Study/Info Queries & Questions to get Answers, Views & Opinions - or an Alternative Take/Suggestion(s) from your fellow friends, here at SPW !

Kindly post your own Answers to others' Questions if you've got any and would like to contribute. It will be much appreciated.
All the best.

Toad

What is the meaning of life?

Ok...ok...just kidding...couldn't resist though

Good idea...I can probably help with math if someone ever needs it.

jauggy

What do you study? What degree, major, year, etc.? I major in actuarial studies and finance for my Bachelor of Commerce Degree. Currently second year.

Toad

I'm studying to be a Civil Engineering major with a Business Administrations minor. Next semester I will be a Junior (third year). I've had math up through Calculus III and Differential Equations...that's why I say I could probably help with math :p (I would imagine you are pretty good with math as well with your chosen major)

missquiet

I'm in third year doing K-4 Education with an English major/Spanish minor as teachables (in the middle of deciding if i should switch out though)... and taking a psych course (behavior modification) through correspondence right now.

Waybuloo

I'm doin Bachelor of Commerce co majoring in Accounting and Finance, third and final year now..end is near.
i can help with maths too

garnet

Hi all! :D

Think this thread is excellent idea...we all have those horrible moments of panic where we realise we haven't covered an entire topic the night before a big exam, and don't know who to turn to or ask, cos its so late!

I hope to help anyone with any science related questions.

garnet

Hi, and sorry for the late reply.

I have A-levels in science, so I thought I could be of some use to the members of the site who are still at college.

Faded

Just Wondering. Chihiro and Toad, i have a great passion in Mathematics. And i was wondering if there is something that i can do when i graduate from high school. A Major that doesnt just include Math, but HAS it ?!
im not sure .. sorry. :oops:

garnet

Hi everyone!

:?: I want to pick your brains for a second! I hope to make a small contribution at my next self-help group meeting, perhaps a short talk or interactive session. Problem is, I can't really think of what to chat about.

I'm sure that the members of my group know evrything there is to know about their condition and it would be pointless for me to tell them what they already know!

I thought it would be nice to do an interactive session, by this I mean perhaps something they have to think about at various points and maybe jot things down.

If you guys were in a similar support group, what sort of things would you like to be discussed or covered? I am doing this talk quite soon, so I would appreciate ANY ideas as soon as you all can.

Thank you so much in advance! :D

black_mamba

Faded said:
A Major that doesnt just include Math, but HAS it ?!

What do you mean? A subject which involves maths but not much of it, or uses math-like logic perhaps?

Faded

black_mamba said:
Faded said:

What do you mean? A subject which involves maths but not much of it, or uses math-like logic perhaps?

A subject that involves only math, its kinda picky i know, but im not sure i want to go for Architecture :? , which offcourse involves alot of geometry. i prefer math with more complexity, Algebra, Set theory ect. i think theresn't really something with the full package as they say.. at least with some. Lol. :oops: Dammit, i really am so picky!
well, just wondering ..

Faded

Awww Thankkk Youuu soo much Black mamba!!! =)

hmm.. pure mathematics, with model theory and analysis .. hmm, i'll try to figure that out, not sure this major is available in AUD nor UAEU, hmm.. well, im just so glad you introduced me to it. thanK you So Much. :)

Physics, so much fun, if its for the Math and the joy of practical ex. i bet its worth it. oh wait, i suck in practical experiments, i get vey shaky. Never mind, i think before this allll .. comes the real serious therapy. :cry:

lol, well thank you againnn black mamba, it was really useful. Plus, it gave me a reality check, "Yea, right!! Who said i can do something like that" ... lol, but i love to dream.

black_mamba

I don't see why you can't do it, if you love the subject enough you will overcome your fears for it. :wink:

Anyway you know yourself better than anyone, so you know whats best. But damn, maths would suit you so much. :lol: Or even engineering (but the math involved is probably too easy for you!) :p

Waybuloo

Faded said:
black_mamba said:
Faded said:

A subject that involves only math, its kinda picky i know, but im not sure i want to go for Architecture :? , which offcourse involves alot of geometry. i prefer math with more complexity, Algebra, Set theory ect. i think theresn't really something with the full package as they say.. at least with some. Lol. :oops: Dammit, i really am so picky!
well, just wondering ..

well...there are a lot of subjects that use maths. Sounds like you are interested in applying it on a higher level? you say you like complexity. What comes to mind is Physics, but i that focuses more on motion and spatial stuff? Acturial studies is very complex uses maths in predictions. you can also study meteriology. sorry for the spelling.

Faded

Chihiro said:
well...there are a lot of subjects that use maths. Sounds like you are interested in applying it on a higher level? you say you like complexity. What comes to mind is Physics, but i that focuses more on motion and spatial stuff? Acturial studies is very complex uses maths in predictions. you can also study meteriology. sorry for the spelling.

heyy chihiro, thanx alotttt =). O Cool,thats very useful too.Great, i'll keep that in mind,and thanx alottt again ...