Stood up for myself but don't know if it was the right thing...

So the school year recently started and with it came a few problems. Having social anxiety, dealing with new people is quite a bit difficult for me however, I do always try to be friendly and respectful and preferably try to keep as invisible as I possibly can. For the most part, school was going okay, I had a few friends in some classes and I get to see them during lunch and nutrition, but there two classes I don't like at all. I don't know anyone there and when I try to talk to them, they act really unkindly and mockingly.So, I decided to just quit trying to act friendly, seeing as I was not getting anywhere, and focused completely on my assignments. This worked for about two days, until people started say things about me like "she is so wierd", 'i bet you she thinks like she is all that, that's why she doesn't talk to anyone' 'she freaks me out" "she looks drugged"and other things I rather not repeat. I kept telling myself that I was going to ignore it because I wasn't about to stoop to their level by fighting, and I did ,for about two days, but after that I got a bit depressed and my parents told me to just ignore them and focus on my work because all those kids wanted was to get a reaction out of me. The next day, I did ignore them for about half of the class, but since the comments that they were making began to grow even meaner it started to interfere with my work and I just exploded. I stood up from my desk and faced the class room and began to cuss at them and stared at them right in the eyes as I did it. It felt good to get out all of the frustrations I had inside, and after I was done, the teacher asked me if I wanted to go see the counselor and I said it would be for the best as I was absolutely pissed off and felt like beating some one up. After having a chat with the counselor, I asked her if I could go home as I wasn't feeling good enough the rest of the school day. Although I feel relieved that I screamed at these people the frustrations I had stored in all this time, I am not really sure what to expect or what I should do after the weekend is over and I have to go back, any suggestions please...

da_illest101

Your pretty bad ass, you know all you can do is wait and see what happen, but one thing you shouldn't do is apologize. Please make another thread or pm me, I want to see what going to happen next. I hope standing up for yourself won't get you in as much trouble it got me

Your pretty bad ass, you know all you can do is wait and see what happen, but one thing you shouldn't do is apologize. Please make another thread or pm me, I want to see what going to happen next. I hope standing up for yourself won't get you in as much trouble it got me

^I agree. You shouldn't apologise although they may cause some more trouble,but standing up was a very good thing. I'd also want to know what happens next. I've been in your situation and it was really bad,I know how you feel. Oh and welcome to the site!

Insane1

You did good,really good.. and yeah,you shouldn't apologize,that would make you look weak ,they should apologize to you. Good luck.

Rembrandt Broam

First of all, well done on standing up for yourself! :)

I don't think there's anything you need to do when you go back on Monday. Just do what you were trying to do before, which is to focus on your work. They had their say with their little nasty little comments to each other about you, and now you've had yours in response. If they didn't like it, well, maybe they should keep their opinions to themselves in future.

pinata

Well done for standing up for yourself :] I used to be made fun of like that everyday back at school, particularly in one class, by 5 or so guys who would call me ugly and all that. One day I gave as good as I got lol and they left me alone after that. After a while though they started doing it again but not nearly so often and not with as much malice. I'm sure everything will be fine on Monday :]

Listen :D

Jessie J - Who's Laughing Now - YouTube

Thanks for the advice and support you guys.:) School was actually kind of good today, I wasn't really picked on today and just felt so much better after getting my frustrations out. I was nervous when I got to school but that all kind of just went away as the day went on... heck I was kind of sociable in my last class where I knew no one(which was one of the classes I felt the worst in)I met 4 new people there today. So all in all, it was actually good, I'm really glad I said what I said on Friday because now that has kind of made a bit less shy and I don't really care about what anybody say anymore, it feels like I have grown so much stronger in a period of only three days.

Thanks for the advice and support you guys.:) School was actually kind of good today, I wasn't really picked on today and just felt so much better after getting my frustrations out. I was nervous when I got to school but that all kind of just went away as the day went on... heck I was kind of sociable in my last class where I knew no one(which was one of the classes I felt the worst in)I met 4 new people there today. So all in all, it was actually good, I'm really glad I said what I said on Friday because now that has kind of made a bit less shy and I don't really care about what anybody say anymore, it feels like I have grown so much stronger in a period of only three days.

Glad to know its better for you. Seems like standing up for yourself really worked Well done!!!

IGotSeoul

very good news, glad it worked for the best.

zoulaykha

Just try to be confident and convinced by what you did, after all, you did the right thing, there's nothing to regret, besides, even if they're going to call you names even more now, it doesn't matter , they already did and you can't escape it, just ignore, and if they piss you off one more time, talk to the counselor, although, you should've done that before you yelled at them, but i gotta admit, that's courage, they dserve it =) tell me what happend next, because this was written on 9/11, i'm a bit late :/