Spring is here :(

spw_01

I haven't posted in a while. The weather is now getting warmer and I'm getting more depressed. Just need to vent. It seems every year my HH is getting worse. Every one seems so happy about spring and getting outdoors and going to the beach, etc.. NOT me, it just means I'll be a prisoner in my own house because I'm too embarrassed to go out. Worse is the people and relatives who think I'm just being moody about being outside in the spring and summer and have no clue it is because of a medical condition that I can't enjoy the outdoors. I'm already looking forward to autumn.

laure15

Spring is tolerable, but summer's worse. I dread summer. I cannot go out without sweating heavily on my back and armpits. I bring a sweater with me to cover up.

hyp-hi

I find being outside is usually ok because of the breeze and moving around seems to help dry the sweat. Another plus is that usually in the warmer months the inside of buildings is air conditioned which helps.

HHDisturbed

SPW: Spring is a wonderful and beautiful time of year but it tends to mean hightened episodes of HH. Heat and humidity are huge factors for me as well causing more frequent and more extreme HH episodes. Since I suffer from craniofacial HH (head, face & neck) I will admit that I dread the onset of what I call "sweat season". But this does not keep me from enjoying the outdoors and nature. I have learned to do things to help minimize the severity of my HH along with taking measures to prepare for such occurances by bringing an extra shirt and a towel whenever an HH episode is likely. Of course, spending more time inside with air conditioning and fans are helpful during these warmer times too.
Regardless of my HH I still love to go camping, fishing, hunting, boating, swimming, cookouts and spending time with family and friends.

My point is that you dont have to be a prisoner in your own home. That soley is a choice on your part. DON'T LET HH DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!!! Although it can be embarrassing at times (I've been living it for the last 30 years since age 15) I have never let sweating dictate my life, keep me from having a successful career and a beautiful family of my own. I have learned to live with it since I cannot change it. Just know that you are more aware of your HH than anyone else in the world so don't do things to further draw attention to it.

HH sufferers are different in the severity and what triggers their HH. This means that through your own trial and error you can find ways to minimize the severity and to avoid the worst triggers and to better cope with your HH. There are several medications and treatments that have proven to help too.

What type of HH do you have? Have you tried any treatment options? Are there ways that you can help "hide" your form of HH when in public? (Mine would be a cardboard box or bucket over my head, LOL J/K.)

Last edited:

Phantom99

spw_01, I take it from your post that heat is a major issue for you.

Are u hot the rest of the year? How is your HH in winter?