sports obsession

Ransfordrowe

Sports obessed people can be hard work in my experience.Due to them arranging their lives around match times.Dealing with their mood swings when their club,team etc has lost again.

My question is to people on the site,is can being obsessed with a sport team,club etc,be damaging to that fan.

SCP-087-1

Yeah if it's coupled with a gambling addiction. And I've heard of couples breaking up because one partner is super obsessed with sport. Also people fight over it. Like actual fist fights. It's just like any other fandom. Some people become super obsessed and it can be toxic. But most people are fine.

I'm tempted to say that the super obsessed ones (of any fandom) usually don't have a lot going on in their lives. But I don't know any one who's super hardcore obsessed

Really you can have an obsession with almost anything. I don't think being obsessed with sports is particularly more damaging than being obsessed with most other things. It's probably just more common than a lot of other obsessions.

Kiwong

The team I used to follow have never won the competition in 50 years, they are a health hazard.

onehandclapping

I guess it could be.. maybe that is part of the reason certain successful teams always have more fans? rather than a fanbase being evenly distributed. people don't want to be disappointed a lot ,so they pick a team that is successful as an emotional investment.