Speaking with co workers

♥ sweet kiss ♥

I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice on speaking with co workers. I tried googling advice but I feel like here I'm speaking with people who know what I feel is better. The other day a boy said that I sit in the corner and don't talk to anyone at work. Then my friend asked him does he like me and he said not really because I don't talk alot and i'm quiet ::(:::(: It makes me sad *tears* because I try to be nice to everyone and I thought I was on good terms with my co workers but I guess not........ I don't like him or anything I just want to maybe change his thoughts of me. I try to spark up the everyday conversations like "What time do you get off?" or the weather but we begin talking then it goes down hill ugh sorry for it being such a long posts. Oh also he speaks with everyone esle but me because I think he expects me not to say anything LOL what a pathetic post >.< ::(:

Perfidion

He doesn't like you because you're quiet and don't talk a lot? What kind of stupid reason is that? If he doesn't like you, he's an ass and it's his loss. Seriously, if he's so superficial, would you really want him as a friend anyway?

I don't say a whole lot at work either, and there are some people who are cool with that, and some who aren't. That's just the way things are. I gave up worrying about the opinions of people who allow their petty prejudices to get in the way of making friends with others a long time ago.

That's not to say it isn't irritating though.

dottie

He doesn't like you because you're quiet and don't talk a lot? What kind of stupid reason is that? If he doesn't like you, he's an ass and it's his loss. Seriously, if he's so superficial, would you really want him as a friend anyway?

well said. he's a loser. i can understand how it still may be hurtful.

♥ sweet kiss ♥

I don't say a whole lot at work either, and there are some people who are cool with that, and some who aren't. That's just the way things are. I gave up worrying about the opinions of people who allow their petty prejudices to get in the way of making friends with others a long time ago.
wow ur good because for me it's so hard to not worry about what other's opinions. I mean, he's a really nice person but when he said "not really" it was just a gentle way of saying "NO". I don't want him to be a friend but I try to do things so people will like me so it sucks that no matter what I do some will still not like me. I actually talk to him everyday and he usually strikes up the convo first which is weird but anyways I feel alot better now thats i got it off my mind LOL ::p::)

Perfidion

Yeah, you can't MAKE people like you. Either they do, or they don't. We just have to suck it up and move on. Easier said than done though.