Speaking another language

AGR

English is not a very structured or logical language. It makes it quite challenging to learn. You cite Japanese as an example, and a very good contrast to English as it is a very logical and grammatically clean language. Once you grasp the concepts it's easy.

its pretty easy to learn,not saying that I am expert at it alright,my english is not perfect,but it is a whole lot better than my japanese,but its easy because you are surrounded by movies,news,books,series its everywhere on the net,I didnt even try to learn,I knew very little compared to now,I only did learn because of my hobby mixed martial arts,because back in the day the best sources and forum were all in english and for sure english comes much easier than japanese to me,when it gets in a certain level,I cant follow their thinking that well.

Last edited:

Section_31

i would absolutely love to learn to speak and read russian and german, but im told theyre difficult to master. I intend to try anyway one day.

i can speak pretty broken french, basically enough to ask someone if they speak english, tell them i speak almost no french, ask where the bathroom is, and to tell them to attack with the mushroom......yea....thank you my lady >.>

Problem is most of french speaking canadians live on the east coast, i never had much exposure to that side of canada

HumanZ

i would absolutely love to learn to speak and read russian and german, but im told theyre difficult to master. I intend to try anyway one day.

I've studied both of those languages and German isn't really that hard. German and English are also both Germanic languages and I think that you could learn German easier than me. My native language is Finnish and Finnish and German have barely nothing in common. :D And I think that after English, German is the easiest language I've ever studied.

Russian is hard. It's hard to pronounce and the grammar is difficult. But I still like it anyway. :)

My native language is a creole language, a mix of everything so it was easy to learn the other languages I can speak now (Spanish, Dutch and English). I learned Spanish by myself because I used to watch TV everyday when I was a kid and these days there were only Spanish speaking channels available. After that I learned Dutch, because everything at school is in Dutch here. Then I discovered movies/films (in english) and of course the internet that helped me with English. I can write, and speak these languages fluently. Next language is German and I would like to learn Portuguese too.