Somebody knows any cure ?

myke

how do you resist with SA? did u try sistematic desensitivization,CBT,cured from pills ? somebody? others solutions to our problem? or real improvement ?

Last edited:

MotherWolff

Banned
how do you resist with SA? did u try sistematic desensitivization,CBT,cured from pills ? somebody? others solutions to our problem? or real improvement ?

I believe in therapy but ,pills(drugs, pharmaceuticals) only ease the symptoms or make them worse.

Herbs are the only answer.

andsorry

Therapy session from my school was helping until they cut back on my sessions. I tried some herbs, but those only worked temporarily.

CrazyGirl

I believe in therapy but ,pills(drugs, pharmaceuticals) only ease the symptoms or make them worse.

Herbs are the only answer.

Exactly. I tried anti-anxiety and anti-depressants meds for a year. I didn't find them to be helpful at all. Even when the doctors adjusted the dose or switched to a different kind.

I no longer take them. I would think therapy would have more of a positive effect in the long run.

But then if an extremely shy teen waits until 30 to get help like I did to get help, no amount of meds or therapy is gonna help with shyness

Last edited:

MotherWolff

Banned
Exactly. I tried anti-anxiety and anti-depressants meds for a year. I didn't find them to be helpful at all. Even when the doctors adjusted the dose or switched to a different kind.

I no longer take them. I would think therapy would have more of a positive effect in the long run.

But then if an extremely shy teen waits until 30 to get help like I did to get help, no amount of meds or therapy is gonna help with shyness

Indeed...meds fail, herbs PREVAIL.

NamiraWilhelm

Look into Compassion Focused Therapy too! Really you'll have to snoop around various options to find what suits you best :)

Since 2006 I've been on 15 medications. After the psychiatrist's convinced me I needed pills I went on a journey until I did every last one. Then I began abusing oxycontin at 22 years old, four years ago. When I was going through withdrawal I went two weeks without sleep, and I layed down and focused on my fingertips and my heart, and emptied my mind. Since that night I've faced every anxiety, including socialAnxiety's. I used to be afraid to walk in a grocery store, or talk to my mother.I was suicidal in high school because I had the potential to do Anything including Ice hockey scholarships but I quit Everything because I had no way out of my head. That one night I learned transcendental meditation without ever hearing about it. It wasn't until recently that I found out that this wasn't a secret. Jerry Seinfeld, Oprah, this British actor comedian dude who was on drugs found tm and got over his anxieties. You'll NEVER head a doctor talk about it .

One of two things will occur after reading this.
1- you'll think I'm full of it, or that I'm fake.
2- you'll do research and get over social anxiety.

The first night I stayed up all night In this Hyper focused, but Soon Relaxed. Every muscle melts away, and I began to face my Fame Perceptions.

All day, when your with people, you make assumptions based on 'your perception' . A social phobic mind will focus on itself. Making the person Self conscious.

Transcendental meditation is not religious, or spiritual.

Every morning, I wake up with a smile and no fears. When you meditate you face your fears I. That calm state of mind. It begins to spill over into your life.

I just now thought of writing something, because when I was suicidal in 2006 I wrote on here. And now here I am. I cured myself and no one will ever know because people font believe because they have little faith! There are things all around you that you don't see because your looking down. Meditation awakens your mind, creating a real awareness and a better understanding .

bsammy

exactly i believe therapy would help the most IF you started early teens..even then,from what i gather you have to really work the steps daily and its not easy and success rates still arent that good, maybe 50% improve thru therapy and its not like your SA is cured but lessened..

ive tried medications and like another pointed out, they lessened anxiety by simply not allowing me to care..seriously, i was going thru life not caring if i talked to anyone or did much of anything..i could literally sleep my days away and be like 'oh well'...the goal isnt to not care about anything, the goal is to care about meeting and socializing while minimizing anxiety..

exercise helps but only temporarily..

exposure therapy i have tried over and over but again, it only helps minimally and u Have to KEEP at it..i find if i slack off a week or so i lose progress quick so its almost like meh..

bottom line this disorder is a life sentence imo...you can lessen it in ways but its still there...also, the longer u leave it untreated it becomes much more difficult to break...

This proves that you people will never get better. How do you call it a life sentence?? Un believable. This is my last post here. Y'all are on your own

Sacrament

There's no cure for anxiety, because anyone feels anxiety. The way to conquer Social Anxiety is to get out of your comfort zone by doing the things you fear. Exposure, exposure, exposure, and emotional/psychological flexibility to allow you to experience both good and bad thoughts by simply letting them be, and still live according to your values and the things you want.

bsammy

This proves that you people will never get better. How do you call it a life sentence?? Un believable. This is my last post here. Y'all are on your own

cmon guy, read your post, it sounds like hocus pocus..anyways, just because it worked for you doesnt mean it would work for anyone else..

as for anxiety disorders being a life sentence, many of us have dealt with this our entire lives and are middle aged and have tried many treatment and we still have the problem, hence me calling it a life sentence...anxiety isnt a life sentence but anxiety disorders are...they can be lessened and treated but they will still exist..

bsammy

There's no cure for anxiety, because anyone feels anxiety. The way to conquer Social Anxiety is to get out of your comfort zone by doing the things you fear. Exposure, exposure, exposure, and emotional/psychological flexibility to allow you to experience both good and bad thoughts by simply letting them be, and still live according to your values and the things you want.

i expose myself to social situation every single day of my life..it has helped a little but the anxiety is still there..if exposure worked so wonderfully i would have been fully functioning by now but i also have avpd so..

Sacrament

i expose myself to social situation every single day of my life..it has helped a little but the anxiety is still there..if exposure worked so wonderfully i would have been fully functioning by now but i also have avpd so..

How did you feel toward that exposure? Were you open to anything you were about to feel, or did you assume you'd feel anxious or that people would judge you negatively? How do you feel about yourself?

Keep in mind that anxiety is a response to something specific, whether it be someone trying to attack you, a bad thought that you're reacting negatively to, someone judging you and affecting you, etc. The way you feel about things will influence the way you experience things immensely. If you're a confident person but are still terrified that the girl you're talking to will reject your request to go on a date, then the anxiety is 'justified', in the sense that there was a specific reason to be anxious. Even if you expose yourself to your fears daily, it won't do much if your perceptions of yourself and others remain the same (being genuinely confident and accepting of whatever comes vs being confident but quite afraid of certain things, etc).

There's always a root, you just have to figure out what it is and delve into it so you can figure out how to nip it in the bud.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Since 2006 I've been on 15 medications. After the psychiatrist's convinced me I needed pills I went on a journey until I did every last one. Then I began abusing oxycontin at 22 years old, four years ago. When I was going through withdrawal I went two weeks without sleep, and I layed down and focused on my fingertips and my heart, and emptied my mind. Since that night I've faced every anxiety, including socialAnxiety's. I used to be afraid to walk in a grocery store, or talk to my mother.I was suicidal in high school because I had the potential to do Anything including Ice hockey scholarships but I quit Everything because I had no way out of my head. That one night I learned transcendental meditation without ever hearing about it. It wasn't until recently that I found out that this wasn't a secret. Jerry Seinfeld, Oprah, this British actor comedian dude who was on drugs found tm and got over his anxieties. You'll NEVER head a doctor talk about it .

One of two things will occur after reading this.
1- you'll think I'm full of it, or that I'm fake.
2- you'll do research and get over social anxiety.

The first night I stayed up all night In this Hyper focused, but Soon Relaxed. Every muscle melts away, and I began to face my Fame Perceptions.

All day, when your with people, you make assumptions based on 'your perception' . A social phobic mind will focus on itself. Making the person Self conscious.

Transcendental meditation is not religious, or spiritual.

Every morning, I wake up with a smile and no fears. When you meditate you face your fears I. That calm state of mind. It begins to spill over into your life.

I just now thought of writing something, because when I was suicidal in 2006 I wrote on here. And now here I am. I cured myself and no one will ever know because people font believe because they have little faith! There are things all around you that you don't see because your looking down. Meditation awakens your mind, creating a real awareness and a better understanding .

I don't know if people dismissed this post because of the word transcendental, but I just googled it and for what I understand it is a "simplified meditation method adapted to occidental lifestyle". So basically it is meditation with mantras.

Drugs and meds are a short term solution or an easy solution but I don't think they make a lot of people happy in the long run. I've "cured" myself from depression with exercice, diet and outdoor, and it diminished the symptoms of SA to a certain point. Exercice is one very helpful thing that helps me to let go, but yoga and meditation with mantras are the thing that work for me when I need to shut down my brain, calm down and let go of negative thoughts. Mantras may sound silly to some people, and I understand since I'm really not a spiritual person. But for some reason they are like water running down your back. So I don't think this post was that crazy.