Some advice tips

*Amy*

Hello guys! I was just thinking about some advice tips to improve our social anxiety. With these tips you might not get a lot of friends or a partner, but I think you will feel much better with yourself. At least, I am trying to follow them:

-Don’t avoid people. Don’t stop going to places just because you may meet someone you know there. You are more important than those people.

-If you actually meet someone you know, don’t try to avoid him/her. You don’t have to have a long conversation or go for a coffee with this person. It’s just a question of saying hello and asking this person how he/she is. You will look much nicer to them this way.

-Try to make eye contact when you talk to people – if you don’t, you are automatically putting yourself in an inferior situation.

-Smile to people and show some interest in whatever they tell you. Maybe they are nicer than you think.

-Take care of your image. You can start by going shopping and buying something you like and fits you. You will feel more comfortable and therefore much more confident. If you are a girl, you can also add some jewelry and/or make up. Try to find the style that suits you best.

-Make a good use of your free time. Instead of spending all of it in front of the computer, in this forum or whatever web page, try to find a good hobby. Maybe you are good at writing, painting, playing some instrument, dancing or some other art and you just haven’t found out yet. Another good point is to join a workshop devoted to your hobby.

-Stop your negative thoughts. Stop thinking that you are boring, anxious or whatever. You are a person like many others and you have the right to be at the same level that people around you. Not going to parties and not having a boyfriend/girlfriend doesn’t make you a worse or worthless person.

-If you have someone you feel confident talking to, tell him/her about your social anxiety. This way, people will realize that yours is not just a question of shyness, but that there is a disorder with a name for what you have.

Feel free to add your own tips! :)

LonelyWonders

Your tips are very good, and I just need to say (<3 Love Hina!), and I will make sure that I try and follow most of them ^^, just having trouble with some.

You say think of yourself as just as good as everybody else, what if your stuck and can't find anything good about yourself to shine yourself better with?

What if the only people you trust think all this "disorder stuff" is bull and it's just easy to overcome things if people would just suck it up?
--Everybody that I "trust" think that, probably because they've never had to go through something like it, but I indirectly told my father about having SA and he went on for an hour about how it's just shyness and they just had to name it and yada yada. He's full of crap.--

Not trying to knock your tips. Just a few questions I thought i'd ask :)

One more, I wanna read the Love Hina manga, do you know if it'd be a bad idea to read in school? Thank you :) (Whether these questions get answered or not) :D

*Amy*

You can be at least as good as everybody else. If you believe in yourself, you'll be! As I have said, find yourself a hobby. You must be good at something. Or you might like to read about some special field. Look, I always thought that I was a total failure at everything - I was so clumsy, I was bad at sports, bad at social events, bad at just everything. But as I have said, it comes partly from my own insecurity. You have far more chances of doing something well if you believe you will. And by the way, I found out that when I was not too shy I could be nice and even funny. So, you know you can do it! :)

About telling others, yes, that has more or less happened to me. Most people don't know about social anxiety and they think you're just shy or a coward. But at least you will have told them. You will have stopped hiding around. If they understand you that's great, if they don't - well, you have tried at least, and they will bear in mind that you are aware of your "disability". Sometimes I have the feeling that non-shy people think that we are so stupid that we don't even realise that there's something wrong with us.

And finally, sorry, I'm not an anime fan, despite my avatar. I just like Shinobu because I resemble her in her personality - she's so shy! ::eek::

Thanks for your comments and I hope I have helped you in some way at least:)

LonelyWonders

Sadly I don't know anything i'm really good at =\ there haven't been much for me to try. Give some examples :D? lol stuff to try?

And about telling others. I will try it. Just gotta figure out how to bring it up..

And aww. How misleading. You should add that fact to your signature if your gonna use that picture :p

imgres
Ninja Face!!

Last edited:

bigcat1967

Tell you what - what are your interests? Let's say you were in a book store, what type of book would you get? Crafting, surfing, playing guitars? Everyone has a gift - once you find yours - get lost into it and start perfecting your craft.

LonelyWonders

Tell you what - what are your interests? Let's say you were in a book store, what type of book would you get? Crafting, surfing, playing guitars? Everyone has a gift - once you find yours - get lost into it and start perfecting your craft.

I like your name, and I only read manga. I can't say I have any real interests other than that and chatting online with people I don't know trying to raise my self esteem.