Social situations and energy

SonicMan

Does anyone else find that being in a social situation takes all of your energy?

I can ride my exercise bike all day if I wanted and have energy to spare, but put me in a group of people and I hardly have enough energy to speak. My throat feels heavy and sore and I just feel drained. After a day of work experience I get home and fall into my bed and just sleep. I think it must be all my anxiety that just eats into my energy levels.

yeah, right I know.

I will just straight up CRASH! but im so busy, sleep is hard to come by. you are not alone on this. yawn!

haha. well, heres hope. I am just trying some meds. We shall see what they do! You doing any kind of treatment!

SonicMan

yeah, right I know.

I will just straight up CRASH! but im so busy, sleep is hard to come by. you are not alone on this. yawn!

haha. well, heres hope. I am just trying some meds. We shall see what they do! You doing any kind of treatment!

Yeah I am on some tablets that are supposed to reduce anxiety and help with low mood and i am seeing a psychiatrist or psychologist (I get confused lol).

dont we all. here in the states a psychiatrist gives the pills. im on lexapro as of this morning. we will see how it goes!

I wish i had more energy. I feel so sapped!

I can really relate to what you said, it is a huge problem for me too.
I think it is because I am concentrating soooo hard on what I need to say/do/act to appear as "normal" as possible.
The concentration and constant worry when around/talking with people just uses up all of my bodies resources. I find deep sleep is the only thing that can help me to recover the huge loss in energy.

LazyHermitCrab

Yea, I feel this way if i'm around people I don't really enjoy talking too >.> And yes, after working out it's more refreshing then tiring. I think because people ask what's wrong, ect=more attention if i don't appear happy enough so have to fake it which is quite tiring

missjesss

Banned
you know why that is also probably because we are more Introverted aswel but we also have s.a ... even before my s.a diagnosis being around lots of ppl drained me if you read about being introverted it says that we need time to recharge our batteries after being around ppl so take that plus our s.a not kool lol

well thats news!

I am very intorverted but NEVER get to be alone really. No one understands and I am always with others. Which is good and bad!

I dunno, never thot of it like that

Mokkat

I know what you mean. Going to a family birthday or doing group work in school drains me totally. I have 0% initiative or creativity when jamming with my band, Im only able to keep a little confidence because of my skills on routine.
The only social activity that doesnt exhaust me quickly is hanging out with a few friends with the same humor and somewhat interests as me

Bustn Justin

I work in retail so when I go home I feel so exhauseted that I do not want to be around others much. Just after a dealing with customers you can see how demanding or nasty people can be.