I

kyle

Banned
friend807 said:
jusT wonder if social phobia come as a result to speech disorder or
speech disorder come as result to social phobia
which one effect
I

I don't believe either are related, at least not in my case...

Jacky1980

social phobia has nothing to do with speech capability
I have seen many ppl, they are quite talktive, but they have sp
but I have also seen many ppl, their communication skill is quite poor, but they never fear their poor skill to be seen by others, so they have no sp

Midnight

I wouldn't say it was really a speech disorder but I have found since I had SA that I developed a bit of a stutter like when I talk to people and when I'm feeling nervous like during presentations

Infected_Malignity

Sometimes it's easy to mumble if you're shy! Especially if you don't know how the other person is going to react to what you say. Or even stutter... and I went through a short bout of that shit a few months back: NOT COOL!

No real disorder here, but if you just put yourself out there and don't attempt to change anybody's opinions of you, you can master the nervous habits at least. Though it's definitely hard. Also, learning to accept shyness and not change it, somehow works wonders as well.

But if it's a real disorder, those things are obviously not going to cut it... and my post would be rendered retarded, and/or completely invalid. Which in that case, fuuuuck me :eek: :eek: :eek: 8O

recluse

I had a problem where i could not roll my letter r's much like Jonathan Ross, and i was getting teased about all the time from an early age and that obviously made me the way i am, because i was just too afraid to speak because i knew that i'd get mocked. I'm not as bad with the r's as i'm getting older though but i am still conscious at times when i speak.

Richey

It could very well be directly related to your grasp on vocabulary and knowledge of the english language for some people, it is for me ...
but i can see how a speech impediment may cause social avoidance ..because you dont want to look weak in those scenarios

because the more knowledge i can bring to articulating an opinion the more i'll express myself confidentally ..

thats the reason i'm not talkative i take so long to process sentences in my mind and i'm sketchy on delivering it without looking nervous ..

its complicated really.

spectator

No. I can carry on a conversation and be very witty, I can think of the right things to say (not always, of course, but most of the time) to people, even sometimes a girl I like. But I have crippling SA, and I hate the fact that I have to put such effort into making good conversation in the first place. The two do have something to do with each other but, one need not be a poor speaker to have SA.