So who here is completely and utterly unaffected by Valentine's Day?

polishgirl

Unaffected. And I feel really embarrassed that day, it is only that day that people see how truly lonely I am.

Section_31

Hrmm....

My wife claims not to be affected, she says with us every day is v-day.....

me...i feel i have to do somthing for her. Not sure what yet. like a typical guy ive procrastinated into the 11th hour....i should probably get on this....

im gonna go take a nap.

Srijita52

Valentine's has never been a different day for me. I never had a date, but I don't get bitter or something, I just don't care.
If I ever had a partner I'd show her how much I love her every single day, not only when big companies tell me it's the best time to buy a gift :p
^That's really sweet MrJones :)

Moo

Re: I dare you to be unaffected by this

Aletheia- I saw that earlier, it's cute. ::eek::

Anyway I'm a little upset today, I had plans but have to work instead. ::(: I'll get over it soon, just need to reschedule I guess.

GhastlyCC

The holiday seems to upset people.
...Single people.
I've seen a couple of my single internet/facebook friends posting whiney stuff about being single today.
I don't get it.
....All this unneeded pressure that people put on themselves.

And I see 2 actual friends who just last year got their first girlfriends(in their 30's) being all snobby and poking fun at single people.

Valentines day:
The designated day to look down at being single(well....more than usual)
As if it were some horrible disease.

....I do like that heart shaped candy though.

Anyway..
Happy valentines day,my socially awkward friends.

....Ladies
damn_im_smooth.jpg

I don't think you'd have posted this thread had you not felt affected by this particular day.

I didn't think about it all day though.

Griffin

Single for my whole life. It passes me by so much I don't even feel anything when I see happy couples go out.

Valentines day:
The designated day to look down at being single(well....more than usual)
As if it were some horrible disease.

^thats exactly right.::(:

I never did anything for Valentines day even during the time I was with someone. The blatant consumerism surrounding the day drowns out any significance of what it was meant to represent when it originally began imo.

Predacon

I don't think most people are bothered by it. I remember seeing a survey on some site and something like at least 60 - 70 percent said they weren't bothering on doing anything and this was with a few thousand votes.