SO today I decided to just accept and be proud of it

Insect

rather than be on a constant battle to fight it. it is part of who i am. ill force myself to say hi to new people and if you dont want to make the effort to talk to me after that - ignore me and talk to the guy next to you then **** you i dont care, ill keep to myself. but if you do then ill say thank you in my head and try my best to make a good conversation even if i am or might be a bit awkward.

So today I felt good with a new mind set, even if i was still the "loser who prefers to be in the corner". I also listened to some of these videos - YouTube - socialanxietyvideo's Channel

hope this thread helps you guys.

Feathers

Congratulations! :)

I think you have the right attitude - to be polite and not expect too much, and what happens, happens...

It was a lovely sunny day here today too and I was smiling and greeting people, some were shocked enough to answer (even some that I wouldn't have greeted otherwise lol but it was such a lovely sunny day... :)) and some didn't, I thought maybe they didn't hear me (a loud road was near and the person was working) and I thought what the heck.
Some people greeted me first too, or started some small talk, that was lovely as well.. (Usually helps if you smile. :))

Insect

thanks, yeah it was suprisingly sunny here too in england. its always good to smile and be approachable so well done.