So i think i messed up the iontophoresis maintenance...

txhawg

i got kinda lazy with it and wouldn't do it as often as i probably should've. and when i did, i wouldn't do it for the full time. my hands aren't completely dry anymore like they used to be. They aren't nearly as bad as they were pre-ionto but they still cause discomfort. I was wondering if i could just start all over and do it 6 straight days again, like i did to start. Would it lose its affect? I am using the homemade one btw.
This is the one i am using (24 volts): Re: Cure Sweaty Hands, Palms, Hyperhidrosis, Hyperhydrosis - YouTube

Sprawling

Yes, you can start treatment over again for 6 days. You shouldn't loose any of the prior treatment effects. It does make life easier sticking to a maintenance schedule that works for you.

Soy Sauce

After my initial use of the Drionic unit I bought back in 2008, I haven't done a full schedule of ionto sessions. As a result, my hands are not as dry as they used to be from the treatments, when I first started using the Drionic.

I'm quite lazy, so I'll do around 4hr's worth of ionto sessions at around 30-45 mins per session, not always consecutively (I'll miss a day or 2 in between sessions sometimes). I almost never do maintenence treatments. I just wait till the sweating gets bad enough that I get sick of it and start the treatments again. I would say I have severe palmar/plantar HH.

Some other observations from the way I do ionto treaments is that my feet used to automatically stop sweating when my hands stopped sweating, even though I've never treated my feet before, but now my feet still sweat a bit even though my hands won't sweat.

Also, the sweating starts to come back sooner then it used to. In the beginning, I went more than 6 weeks I think, before the sweating returned, but now it returns after about a month.

I've probably never done more than 5 hrs of treatments since the first couple times I used it to stop the sweating, so I don't know if the reduction in the effectiveness of the ionto treatments is because of this only, a combination of this and the body building a resistence to the treatments or some other factors.

The most important thing to me, is that despite the reduced effectiveness, which may just be because of my lack of maintenence treatments and shorter total treatment hours before I quit, iontophoresis still works! I'm willing to bet that if I wasn't so lazy, and didn't wait until my HH came back full force before starting treatments again, and did more than 3-5 hrs of treatments at a time, I'd be sweat free to a greater degree and for longer periods.

Sprawling

That's a lot of treatment all at the same time. I haven't heard of anyone where treatment works for 4-6 weeks. 1 maintenance treatment a week for both hands and feet for a total of an hour should keep you consistently dry. I think it's worth being un-lazy.

Soy Sauce

Yeah the first 2 or 3 times I used it, the HH definitely didn't return for over a month. It was great!

I don't do the 4hr treatments every month. My HH will start to come back after about a month, and then it will gradually get worse until it's back full force. Sometimes I'll go a few months in between treatments. Just depends how lazy I am and how much the sweating is getting in the way of daily life. So really, I don't commit very much time to ionto treatments if you average it out, per month.

I'd actually say that 4 hrs total treatment time is on the longer end of the scale. I'll usually do maybe 4 treatments of around 30-45 min and then I usually just stop, even if the sweating hasn't stopped yet, just cuz I get lazy. I find that the sweating usually stops 2-3 days after my last session. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever done more than 5 consecutive treaments since I first used ionto and I never go longer than 45 min (don't have the patience), and it's always worked.

I'd probably have greater success if I just did one long series of treaments to get back to 100% sweat free and then did the maintenence treatments, but meh, I'm not complaining, cuz I'm satisfied with the results I'm getting and I'm just to damn lazy lol. At least it's working :)

P.S. Although my feet still sweat after I've treated my hands and my hands aren't sweating, the feet sweat is minimal and definitely tolerable (for me anyways) and thank god they don't smell like they used to in high school. They used to smell so bad even I could barely stand it.

P.P.S. I remember one thing I actually disliked about being 100% sweat free was that my hands would get so dry they'd peel and become itchy and irritated. Always had to slather my hands in lotion, but it's better than the alternative.

Maybe one of these days I'll get around to doing a full treatment and see if my feet react to my hands being 100% dry. Also, it's worth noting, I JUST replaced my plates on my Drionic for the first time recently. I used to just sand the plates when they developed that build-up on it to maintain the current transfer.

Sprawling

I am impressed that you even use the Drionic. I originally started out with the Drionic , then switched to the Fischer Md-1A. For the price, the Drionic does work, just not the ideal machine. Lately I've been switching back and forth from the Md-1A to the Pulsed Galvanic Unit. Sometimes I'm just not into the pain from the MD-1A

Soy Sauce

Yeah I'm saving up for a better device, but it's done the job so far, so I'm content with using it till I can afford one of the more expensive devices. I'm kind of surprised it's held up this long, I figured something would go wrong with it, but no problems so far. Hopefully within a few months I'll have the money. The Drionic is a bit of a pain to set up and clean and gets pretty nasty if you don't.

HH

why do people use the drionic.........okay so its cheaper than the others but it doesn't treat the whole hand/feet.

The best thing to do is just keep doing the weekly maintenance treatments that way you can keep on top of it. I usually do around 25-30mins each week for my hands while I'm watching the telly. Yes, its a pain to set up and do but it beats having sweat pouring out of my hands

Soy Sauce

You answered your own question. It's cheaper. Significantly cheaper. More importantly, it works. Sometimes I get that little strip in the middle that sweats (which is kind of funny to see btw), but usually, if the rest of my hand has stopped sweating completely, due to the treatments, than the little middle strip doesn't sweat either. Even when it does, it doesn't bother me. It's only a small strip and doesn't affect me in social situations or when using my hands to do something.

For some reason, if I've done enough treatments on my hands to be 100% sweat-free, my feet automatically stop sweating too. I don't know why, but definitely not complaining. If my hands are partially sweat free, my feet don't sweat as much either. Basically, the amount my feet sweat is directly correlated to the amount my hands sweat.

For people who are strapped for cash, and maybe aren't the DIY type to make the home-made units, the Drionic is a good option. I would of tried the home-made unit, but back when I bought my Drionic, it wasn't as common, so I didn't know about it till after I bought the Drionic.