Smiling

NightTimeForever

So, this is sort of a spin off of my other thread. But, when a girl you don't even know (complete stranger) smiles at you (from a few feet away or whatever) is this a sign she likes you, can it be construed as mocking? I'm always afraid to flirt b/c I don't want to misinterpret the signals.

Remus

Staff member
people smile for a multitude of reasons, most of them positive, only they can really say what is making them smile, usually it is flirting/freindly but as to which? who knows :wink:

People smile at me but thats because I go around with a nervous smile on my face when out so they smile back, I tend to freak then and look at the floor 8O

TooShyShy

I smile at men i know (never strangers for various reasons) to let them know i am interested..and then if they are receptive i may even throw a 'hello' in there as well and let it go from there.

I am shy so sometimes even that is difficult but i want to put myself out there and try.

Weirdo

I had a funny experience the other day. As I was walking by the bus stop, there was this extremely beautiful girl who smiled at me and I couldn't get my eyes off her, so I bumped into the old man who was standing in front of me :D I was so dazzled by her beauty, that I didn't even say sorry to the poor man and then I had this weird smile on my face as I walked away. :)

Well just because someone smiles at you doesn't mean they like you. It doesn't mean they are making fun of you either. Maybe they just feel like smiling at someone, or are trying to get you to smile back. There are lots of reasons, and it may not always be directed towards you.

NightTimeForever

Psychedelicious said:
Well just because someone smiles at you doesn't mean they like you. It doesn't mean they are making fun of you either. Maybe they just feel like smiling at someone, or are trying to get you to smile back. There are lots of reasons, and it may not always be directed towards you.

Well, if they are making eye contact, then yes it is directed at you. The reason why I posed this question is, b/c I've missed opportunities according to people I know. I would have a girl smile at me, then my acquaintances would approach me and said that same girl was attracted to me. It seems like I'm missing my cue, sometimes. There are different kinds of smiles, but for me its hard to tell when they mean it "that way."