Smile your on camera?

mattbarneswillkillu

So I was talking with a couple friends today and Tom (filming enthusiast) was thinking about producing popular mini-films on YouTube. We couldn't think of anything original, and then the idea popped in my head...what if we made a mini-reality series on facial/general HH (heavy sweating). I told them my idea without telling them that I have facial HH, I just said it was a rare condition that effects a small % of ppl everyday.

So for the show, I wouldn't take glyco or anything and they'd follow me around for a normal day (normal= doing all the things I usually don't because of HH). I think they'd be in for as much shock/surprise as regular viewers because I haven't told or had any episodes around them. They may know me now as a bold, outspoken person but it'd be completely different to see me wanting to avoid certain situations, or tending to hide in some environments, but of course for the show i'd go ahead with it anyway.

I'm not really looking to gain anything in particular. Maybe awarness, more exposure, more concentrated medical efforts,possible get-rich-quick scheme if a major network picks it up (pipe dream, i know). What do you guys think?

hyp-hi

I would be interested in watching it. It could bring some more exposure to the issue which can be good. As long as you are ok sharing your condition with everyone, I'd say go for it.

Mickery

I think whether you go through with it or not, you should give yourself a pat on the back for the temerity of the idea.

mattbarneswillkillu

I would be interested in watching it. It could bring some more exposure to the issue which can be good. As long as you are ok sharing your condition with everyone, I'd say go for it.

Yep I think i'll be fine to share. "Everyone" sounds daunting but I guess I view everyone as no one unless I know them personally. Now it will get weird when people I know discover HH...yeah that could be awkward.

Mozart22

Yep I think i'll be fine to share. "Everyone" sounds daunting but I guess I view everyone as no one unless I know them personally. Now it will get weird when people I know discover HH...yeah that could be awkward.

You are brave. If it was me I'd be worried people I know would see the videos. Being recorded while sweating profusely is not a very flattering thing. It would be interesting to watch tho if you decide to do it.

mattbarneswillkillu

If it was me I'd be worried people I know would see the videos. Being recorded while sweating profusely is not a very flattering thing. It would be interesting to watch tho if you decide to do it.

The reason it doesn't seem such of a big deal to me is that I'm pretty sure everyone I know on a personal level has seen an episode or 2 of my HH. So in a sense i'm just over it, tired, and this seems natural because I've dealt with it sooo many times.

We are set to start filming but we are trying to think of a compelling storyline that would grip people w/ and without HH. It would be pointless if the only viewers we got are HH sufferers.
Are there any script/story writers out there? I guess we'd need a detailed intro to start that would set the stage for HH.

The film guy i'm working with doesn't want to just throw something together and I agree that we shouldn't so if anyone has suggestions or ideas about the HH-reality lemme know.;)

hyp-hi

I would say make it a documentary style. In the beginning introduce who you are and what you do. Then introduce the problem and show how it effects you life. You could film your every day routine and show the parts that are most effected. Options for the film could be interview of you, narration by someone else, text to set up situations and explain details and statistics. Maybe add some music over montages. I think people are generally interested in documentaries about others with rare conditions so it shouldn't be too hard to grab people attention.

mattbarneswillkillu

Maybe you can go for a show that allows you to incorporate your elegant utilization of humor in those stories side by side with the narration style necessary for animating the scenes.

:D will do. I'm excited about the idea and I'm trying to start working on the comic script now at work...but the boss man is in constant circulation.

hyp-hi

The intro looks good. I like the music and the effects on the credits. If you can get the film to match this quality, you will have a winner.

mattbarneswillkillu

Thanks Sprawling, Basil, & hyp-hi. And yea I hope we can make a quality film...we've got a few ideas we're pondering but everything is still developing so we'll c.

Sprawling

Sweat Man:

Faster than a drenching monsoon, more sweaty than Sweaty Betty, able to slide off a building with his drenching palms... it's Sweat Man.