Slow at making decisions?

Indecisiveness is a classic symptom of depression... when my depression was at it's most severe point roughly ten to fifteen years ago, I couldn't even make simple decisions. Even something as simple as going to a fast food restaurant and picking something from the menu was too much for me, I would just wait and see what my sister (or whoever happened to be with me) ordered and go with that. I think being faced with too many options gets to be overwhelming when you're depressed.

Nicholas

Dude, I have a real problem with this. I think it's part of something like "obsessive compulsive personality disorder" (which is different from "obsessive compulsive disorder"). I always seem to be too undecided, too much of a perfectionist, I obsess over stuff for ages, I'm never satisfied, I worry about every choice and every possible outcome...

Just think that I guess it took me at least an hour to choose my username here, find a decent avatar, think of something to write on my profile... It's always the same worry: is there something better? Will I regret this?
It is a real problem for me, because I can waste lots of time, hours for nothing.

Well Im not as indecisive as I used to be.
I more so have a problem with saying what I really want to say. Instead I give a quick answer to some things just to please, and realize later I should have said otherwise. Or like the other day I went to buy cigarettes and the lady asked if Im over 18yrs...I wanted to answer her fast so I seem confident and I said Im 28yrs, Im actually 29yrs lol.

Thats what I mean by giving quick answers without thinking things through. I do this at work and it gets me into trouble sometimes.

johnny 85

Thats what I mean by giving quick answers without thinking things through. I do this at work and it gets me into trouble sometimes.

this is def me. i always do dat. even when im talkin to a friend and he puts me on the spot by asking me a question , i sorta panic and say sumthing. i always talk b4 i think :rolleyes: