Sleeping too much

JonnyD

latelly i'm feeling completelly tired the whole day and when i get home the one thing i want to do is sleeping, feels like no sleep is enought... i just feel totally drained, yesterday i get home and slept 12 hours straight and today i'm feeling completelly tired.

I'm feeling concerned because people are telling me that i'm looking sad... i'm not sad all the time, it's just that sometimes i feel a down, i guess its normal i'm not going to cry or become suicide its just my mood.

Does it have anything to do with depression?

I didn't have it like 2 months ago, i generally slept for 5 or 6 hours during my college, maybe i'm making up for that time :p

For some reason when I get a lot of sleep I feel really tired and like blehhhh. It could be the oversleeping that's actually making you tired. I once slept 14 hours, because of this stupid pill, and I felt SOOOO tired. It was so weird. I generally need a lot less sleep than most people though and I probably get about 5-6 hours a night, or even less sometimes and that's fine with me, so maybe it's just me. Though in my experience getting a lot sleep actually makes me feel all tired and zombielike.

GloomySunday

Sleep is important to our well being, but getting too much isn't good for us. If you don't have anything to get up for at the moment, why not change your routine? Take on some new interests and activities. I really believe in exercise as a great, natural way to lift the mood...why not go swimming every day? Or biking?

Why not try some voluntary work? I did a lot of voluntary work last year and it was actually really enjoyable. It can also really enhance your CV and can help you to find a great job in the future.

JonnyD

my real concert is because my mother used to sleep like 20 when she had depression... i don't know if it really has something to do with it. I've also read that some people feel this way because of depression, but i don't belive it would be the first thing i notice...

it's recent i'm this way a week or two, before that i could keep wake up till 1 am easilly and jump of the bed 6 am to work. One day i simplilly walked home and instead of do what i usually did i feel totally tired...

i hope it's just one of that random mood swings... another problem is the last thing a need!

jordo

JonnyD said:
my real concert is because my mother used to sleep like 20 when she had depression
whoa i thought my 12-15 hrs were bad lol. i dont know if you have depression if you dont feel depressed about anything. could be cuz you are making up for lost sleep...i always make up if i'm deprived lol. it could be cuz the days are getting shorter. :?

chris87

I think that I sleep too much on the weekends. I'm not sure if it's from being sleep deprived during the week (I average like 5-6 hours per night) or from my unhappiness. The more I sleep though, the more tired I feel.

damn. now i feel anxious even typing this...
for me, i sleep on average 12hours a 'night' usually from about 2am-2pm... and i always have to force myself, usually with guilt, to get my ass out of bed.
in the last week, i've sleep for more then 17hours at a time more then once... and i HATE it.
not only am i missing school, i don't do anything, and it's getting more and more difficult to make up excuses, explanations, and lies about what i did all day... blah
i personally don't think i'm any more depressed then the next person, but reading your posts is making me question wtf is wrong with me?!
xx

cobalt_bluester

hi. feeling tired all the time has everything to do with being depressed - I should know as I feel pretty tired most of the time no matter how much sleep I get. I have read that depressed people dream much more intensly that people who are not depressed. This reduces the quality of sleep and results in you feeling more tired.

I find that I need to take afternoon knaps at the weekend even though I have slept a full 9 hours. I am only 37 years old, so I feel this is certainly because of my depression. :(