sleepaholic

THE-INTROVERT

is it possible to become a sleepaholic i mean u could maybe easily use sleep as a form escapism anyone on here been a sleepaholic

EscapeArtist

Hahahahaha...
Today when I first opened my eyes to the horrible endlessly dull day, I was plotting my new "experiment", to sleep as long as possible each day. I decided I would stay up for 1 hour, sleep for 2 hours, thus getting 8 hours of wake and 16 hours of sleep a day.
Unfortunately, I was sleep deprived and it didn't process to me how messed up and impossible this would be, so I fell asleep, 5:30am, woke up at 1 and said screw it.

I'm not really a sleep addict, I actually have insomnia too often, but I want to be..so badly. It's like having a time machine...into an equally lousy future.
Are you a 'sleepaholic'?

xxaimsxx

I am the worst when it comes to sleep. I can sleep for hours on end. Apparently theres a condition when you can sleep for weeks straight. I saw some girl on the news a few weeks ago who had it. Im sure mines just due to laziness though :p

EscapeArtist

weeks?? What about urination...weight loss? Dehydration?? o_o No... i'm not slightly jealous of her........

chris11

Excessive sleep is a symptom of clinical depression. In fact, if you have severe anxiety or depression, it shouldn't be supprising that you want to spend more and more time in bed to avoid whatever disturbing thoughts or emotions your experiancing. For myself, I had OCD, and, whenever I was awake (which was usually), I would ruminate constantly--and I mean constantly. While I was in this situation, I wanted to sleep as much as I could. Sleep is a nice escape if you can afford it.

sevenroses

I tend to be a sleepaholic after a real stressful day or when I have too much worry I sleep my problems away.

fadedteal

I tend to over-sleep to entertain myself with dreams because real life is dull and there's nothing much to do when I wake up.

Richey

i absolutely love sleeping in but i never get a chance to because of having to go to work but i remember when i had the house to myself for two weeks, i would sleep in and wake up then watch a few movies then cook up some meals and play guitar for a bit then play some music and then i'd read and go to bed at around 4pm in the afternoon and wake up for dinner then stay up late until 2am then go back to bed and sleep in and it felt like therapy. well it felt like freedom.

xxaimsxx

weeks?? What about urination...weight loss? Dehydration?? o_o No... i'm not slightly jealous of her........

Her parents have to wake her up for food and stuff. She had to pospone her exams because of it and everything. As for urination im not sure! lol.

oryoki

if i am not mistaken, being tired and sleeping all the time is symptomatic of depression. i am the same way, off and on. either i am always asleep or i cant get to sleep.

btw, i am introverted too