Shortness of breath

Eam

Anyone else experience this? How do you deal with it?

As soon as I'm out of vision I can take a big breath. I get self conscious that if I were to start heaving in air to stop it then they'd obviously notice it and find it weird. So it continues until I'm far enough away.

Edit: Well using the site search I can see others have posted about it. I imagine it's a fairly common thing of people with social anxiety.

Last edited:

Emily_G

I get short of breath sometimes when I talk...but that's from stuttering, not the same thing as what you're talking about :D

LadyWench

It's very common with anxiety in general. It's a symptom of anxiety and stress. Nothing to worry over, although it does become bothersome. Maybe if you talk with a doctor, they can give you something to help calm your nerves, so you don't experience this sensation so much.

Fighter86

I experience that as well, but I think my is more due to lack of exercise or something along those lines. It happens to me especially when I have to walk longer distances like 10mins with many twist and turns/climb many stairs quickly. I formerly worked in a school, and I can feel myself panting or breathless just walking back from lunch at the canteen, and it doesn't help that my colleague seems to be walking fast.