Shaking

Anxy

Is there a way I can stop shaking or at least reduce it? It's so annoying, especially when people see how weird it looks.

HexNoir

I know what you mean. Less caffeine / nicotine helps, and maybe you should try some Kava Kava or Passionflower (if you don't want to take meds). Diet and exercise can go a long way, too.

Anxy

I know what you mean. Less caffeine / nicotine helps, and maybe you should try some Kava Kava or Passionflower (if you don't want to take meds). Diet and exercise can go a long way, too.

I never really try caffeine or nicotine, so that's a plus I guess. I'll look at Kava Kava and Passionflower, I don't want any medicine. I was never on a diet, but I never eat much, so I don't really need it. I can't excercise much, because of tachycardia. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Kava Kava and Passiflower seem to be bad for me. I don't want to get more calm than I am. I'm too sleepy and tired already.

Last edited:

Ithior

I also shake when I'm nervous, sorta like when you're cold I guess, but I don't drink caffeine nor smoke. It doesn't bother me though, some people pointed it out like "hey man you're shaking, are you alright?" but it still doesn't bother me because it doesn't make me think people will think less of me for shaking. My other reactions are the ones that bother me.

HexNoir

I never really try caffeine or nicotine, so that's a plus I guess. I'll look at Kava Kava and Passionflower, I don't want any medicine. I was never on a diet, but I never eat much, so I don't really need it. I can't excercise much, because of tachycardia. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Kava Kava and Passiflower seem to be bad for me. I don't want to get more calm than I am. I'm too sleepy and tired already.

Different stuff works for different people, for sure. I've been reading a lot about SA, and it's common to be both anxious and fatigued. Kava and Passionflower can make you drowsy, but I've been taking some stuff that has both with a moderate amount of caffeine to fight the drowsiness.

It works great, I'll give you the name of it in a PM if you want to scope it out. I just don't want to look like I'm advertising a product, or whatever.

Gieky

Deep breathing helps. Or sometimes I will make up an excuse like "I had way too much coffee today."

Dan2278

Beta blocker meds are great! Propranolol stopped my shaking overnight after years of struggling with it, it's got no affect on mental alertness doesn't make me drowsy and you don't build tolerance to it like you do with benzodiazepines. It also works straight away!