Severe Agoraphobic

Mudvayne

Heya People,
I'm Tom. I've dealt with anxiety since I was 15, so 5 years now, it's only in the last 2 years I developed agoraphobia, I'm pretty much housebound and have been for about a year and a half, my life is in my room, I only venture out once or twice a week for a 5 minute ride to the video shop, and travel to see my psychotherapist once a fortnight, a 20minute drive away, to do this I take 20 to 30Milligrams of valium and even then I may still have an attack (4 to 6 tablets), I see 2 therapists none of which seem to help, I hear the same thing everytime I see a new docter. So I've missed out on what 2 years should have been my best, I had a g/f for a year while I had agoraphobia, she dumped me and I don't blame her, I never once went out with her in that time. 5 months later and she has a new b/f, I use to be able to get over someone pretty quick but when you have nothing else to think about, well it hurts, I noticed some people here like to be lonely, I don't, I fell in love when I was 15 now I feel like half a person without her, she contacts me still but I won't let her see me due to my anxiety, everyday for me is the same as yesterday and tommorow, I constantly shake, always sweating, always going hot and cold, I feel as though I only exist, nothing more nothing less, I'm a kind person, to anyone who does get to meet me they pretty much would geuss I'm just like anyone else, see I was a lead singer/guitarist of a band, a band that was becoming big...I left due to my illness, I was also a freestyle bmx rider and was very good at it, I used to go out and have a drink with my mates and laugh, now I live in the movies, this may sound pathetic but they keep me at what I would call a happy medium. To finish off, Love...it's what I miss in life, that feeling of protection, feeling whole and deliriously happy. Cheers Tom

Mudvayne

Umm, Big Genre...7even, Aliens, Predator, Instinct, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Dumb and Dumber, Nothing To Lose, Nine Months, Tom Green, Road Trip, Robin Hood Men In Tights, Say It Isnt So, Frailty, What Dreams May Come, Men Of Honor, Good Will Hunting, Dogma...
To name a few. What about you? Cheers

Hellraising

Hi, I'd just like to say that you are not housebound. Housebounds means that you do not leave the house at all. There is no such thing as being "pretty much housebound". You either are, or you're not. I just wanted to make that clear.

Oli025

hi tom

hi Tom
25 yrs old phobic fucked up here...

i have a question for you...
when you say:
" I see 2 therapists none of which seem to help, I hear the same thing everytime I see a new docter. "

WHat is it, what they always tell you?

Uglyduckling

Hellraising's comment seemed pretty insensitive to me.
I'm sorry that some people are like that.

Mudvayne,

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the fact that you've been dealing with anxiety for the last five years. I know how tough it can be at times.

I'm sorry that you are housebound. I am too pretty much, but I cannot figure out if it's from the Social Anxiety or the depression or if it is actually agoraphobia which I suffer from. It's pretty complicated stuff.

I do that too. Leave the house sometimes. I can go to the gym (at times when I'm feeling really bad, but I have to really want to).

I just want to say that if none of your therapists are helping than maybe they are just not the right match for you. Hopefully you can find the right meds too.

I'm sorry that you've been missing out on the last 2 years of your life. That's sad :( I'm missing out as well. I can really understand what your missing.

I was dumped by my first boyfriend who didn't want to put up with my SA. I just realized that maybe that wasn't the best relationship for me anyway.

Even though people here at SPW might not mind being alone, I don't think that any one of us likes feeling lonely.

I do think that you really made an impact on your first girlfriend since she still keeps in contact with you. I think that if you miss her then you should go see her. I think that one day she might go on with the rest of her life and just focus on her own life and forget about you. So well she's still noticing you, get out there. Let her see you or else you might regret it one day.

You said that you were kind, even in the midst of the difficult time that you are having you still managed to find something positive about yourself.

I think that it is difficult to put up with existing all the time. (I do this too, just exist) Do you ever want more? I guess you do, it's why your here.

My biggest wish for you is that you get better and you can enjoy life again. Go back to playing your music, going out with your friends, and riding your bmx bike. Life is too short!

Mudvayne

Heya People,
Thanks for the support, it really helps. When I say both by therapists seem to say the same thing I mean I've heard what they've said before, e.g face your fears, take small steps...I do all of this and I still stay the same and the new medication I'm on has really stuffed my system around, constants shakes, constant fears...so my docter just last weekend told me to change meds, he said there's risks weaning of this medication and onto another...so I looked it up and taking the tablets the way he said to do could actually kill me! My x rang last night and got angry at me for smsing her to much, said her new guy really dident like it...I was hurt cus I just wanted a friend to talk to and she wouldent reply my messages, took her a week and a half too and she only rang to yell at me:(, but then something good happend, a girl, the only girl I ever fell in love with rang me about half an hour after that and she made me feel so good again, that what I'm going though while it may be very hard its a journey and knowledge that many people will never travel nor know. Cheers All

Mudvayne

Sorry that you're housebound hell, I was housebound at a point...so when I say pretty much it means I rarely leave the house and yes there is an inbetween. I know how it feels and I'm sorry.

Mudvayne

Please Don't Belittle My Intelligence, I Understand The Concept Of Housebound, Being That I'm Not Far Off Leaving The House At All, Saying I'm Almost Housebound Is Correct. I Never Said I Was Housebound, I Said Pretty Much.[/quote]

hippiejane

hi Mudvayne

sorry to hear you have so much trouble. I have vowed to myself to never turn to the medicine side for treatment. I will not take drugs. I hope to pull myself out of this even though I constantly feel it will never happen.
I can go out only to places I'm really really familiar with and only if I'm with my parents.
I guess I suffer from Agoraphobia, but its the social phobia that gets me.
I really cannot be around anyone who knows anyone else, thats what freaks me out the most. Therefore thats anywhere with people.

The exposure therapy is sooo annoying to hear from people who obviously don't understand. IF they just realised, if it oculd be done so simply as they say, no one would have social phobia or whatever.

Movies really save me too, escpecially Harry Potter. I honestly believe that without it, I would not be sane. Anything to escape the real world :)

Chin up, we will all make it........some how :)

Mudvayne

Heya People,
I'm from victoria:). As for drugs, although I hate them I'm going back on a drug called lovan, I never had got addicted to them and they helped more then any other drug and you could miss them without feeling sick, see I changed drugs, I geuss I was looking for a cure when there is none, these drugs will help me, but only if I help myself at the same time, as for the valium I'm slowly weaning of it:). Weed is what triggered all of this, I wish everyday I had never touched the stuff, but I was young and knew nothing about anxiety. I watch movies (comedy movies) when I go to sleep, I get myself anxious if I watch anything other then that when going to sleep, it sucks.

Mudvayne

I'd like poeple to get hold of this song no matter what style of music your in the lyrics to this song are very meaningful to us all the song is by the black eyed peas ft. papa roach song is called anxiety...here's the lyrics...

I feel like I wanna smack somebody
Turn around and bitch slap somebody
But I ain't goin' out bro (no, no, no)
I ain't givin' into it (no, no, no)
Anxieties bash my mind in
Terrorizing my soul like Bin Laden
But I ain't fallin' down bro (no, no, no)
I won't lose control bro (no, no, no)
Shackle and chained
My soul feels stained
I can't explain got an ich on my brain
Lately my whole aim is to maintain
And regain control of my mainframe
My bloods boiling its beatin' out propaine
My train of thoughts more like a runaway train
I'm in a fast car drivin' in a fast lane
In the rain and I'm might just hydroplaine

I don't fear none of my enemies
And I don't fear bullets from oozies
I've been dealing with something thats worse than these
That'll make you fall to your knees and thats the
The anxiety the sane and the insane rivalry
Paranoias brought me to my knees
Lord please please please
Take away my anxiety
The sane and the insane rivalry
Take away my anxiety

My head keeps running away my brother
The only thing making me stay my brother
But I won't give into it bro (no, no, no)
Gotta get myself back now
God, I can't let my mind be
Tell my enemy is my own
Gots to find my inner wealth
Gots to hold up my thoughts
I can't get caught (no, no, no)
I can't give into it now (no, no, no)
Emotions are trapped set on lock
Got my brain stuck goin through the motions
Only I know what's up
I'm filled up with pain
Tryin' to gain my sanity
Everywhere I turn its a dead end infront of me
With nowhere to go gotta shake this anxiety
Got me feelin' strange paranoia took over me
And its weighin' me down
And I can't run any longer, yo
Knees to the ground

I don't fear none of my enemies
And I don't fear bullets from oozies
I've been dealing with something thats worse than these
That'll make you fall to your knees and thats the
The anxiety the sane and the insane rivalry
Take away my anxiety
The sane and the insane rivalry
Take away my anxiety

Mudvayne

say what ya want worrydoll, no one is here to judge anyone:). Yeah the album you're talking about is infest, another awesome song, one of my favs is called between angels and insects:)

hippiejane

Mudvayne, wow, amazing lyrics. Its definately not my type of music but the lyrics sure ring a bell.

I watch movies (comedy movies) when I go to sleep, I get myself anxious if I watch anything other then that when going to sleep, it sucks.
Me too, its either comedy or Harry Potter. Laughter is the best medicine...they were right :)