Sending mail

Josh5339

I was just wondering if anyone else has this. It's kinda like the telephone thing. Sometimes I'm really afraid of sending an e-mail. Like I read it over and over and over again and I'm still afraid thinking... "oh man, this reads like ****, they're gonna wonder wtf is he talking about?"... even though I read it over and it makes perfect sense, they'll probably think so too - I just get afraid sometimes that I'll come off like an idiot or something.

I was just thinking about something similar today actually! Though i usually dont look back over what ive typed cause i know ill delete it.

What I'm really anxious about is texting and IM.
I always think
"Do they want me to be talking to them right now?"
"Do they expect a reply?"
"Do i keep the conversation going or stop? They could want to stop texting/IMing, but then again they could get offended if i stop."

Gahh if only we could read minds!

I spend most of my life worrying about what others think too, it's so sad and upsetting for us, but there really is no cure.

Pink_Paula

I hate sending emails and text messages especially if i'm the first one to do it, i convince myself that the person i wrote to is going to ignore me, so more times than not i just wait for them to get in touch, even if that never happens at least i wasn't being ignored lol

Nack

Banned
I feel like I have an excuse to sound like an idiot, because people understand that english isn't my first language, so they just brush it off as nothing. I sometime exploit that assumption. Lucky me.

Danfalc

Banned
so more times than not i just wait for them to get in touch, even if that never happens at least i wasn't being ignored lol

So basicaly in a way..you kinda ignore other people :D Cos what happens if the other person is scared of bothering you lol.

Helyna

Me, too. I usually end up just sending it. Then I get really scared and have to distract myself by doing something else.

Pink_Paula

So basicaly in a way..you kinda ignore other people :D Cos what happens if the other person is scared of bothering you lol.

well yeah, i guess in a stupid way i do come across like i'm ignoring the other person, but that's not my intention at all, just i hate making the first move is all

FOR REAL

Banned
we have these in scotland. theyre ****in amazing
ellesmere_post_box.jpg

recluse

I have a fear of opening messages. It's kind of like the same fear of answering the phone and not knowing what to expect.

I have a fear of opening messages. It's kind of like the same fear of answering the phone and not knowing what to expect.

I feel the same way sometimes, although it depends on who it's from. Not opening the message for a while is nice too... like delaying having to react to it.

Yeah, I do the same thing, especially if I'm talking about something personal or important, I'll reread it over and over to make sure it sounds right.