Self improvement with autism

dannyboy65

It's been a long road, that's all I can say. 4 years ago I didn't even think I would ever achieve so much. 4 years ago I thought I'd always be a substance abuser, and would never make anything out of my life. These past 4 years I finally fought my mental illness's instead of running. I always thought I was an idiot and useless, but I know I'm not now. Sure I will have my bad days like everyone else, but the best thing to do is move on.

I know a few weeks ago I was posting depressing stuff. But I was doing that because I didn't have my meds in 3 weeks and I know I need them now for the chemical balance. But now that they are back in my system I realize how much I've done in life and how far I have come. I know I'm better then the people who try to put me down, I know I'm going to succeed in what I want.

Today I had a meeting with to senior staff at the autism foundation and they took me and my life coach in for a meeting. They pointed out all I've accomplished and what I should work on and I only had 3 things to work on. They told me once I complete those they are very confident I can be independent. They pointed out so many nice things about me that I didn't realize. I sometimes forget about all the things I've achieved in only 4 years, literally the best years of my life so far.

I told a few staff members at the autism foundation and they think it's amazing that I am becoming more independent. To me it's a huge achievement going from social outcast to social butterfly. I am very happy with my life honestly. Everything is falling into place and it just gets better and better.