Seasonal and sleep problems.

omnighost

Hello. With the holidays rolling around and the winter setting in I often feel like my anxiety gets worse when this happens. Also when stress and anxiety get worse insomnia sets in and sleep patterns get thrown off making it far worse.
Does anybody else have this problem with the holiday season or even sleeping problems in general?
My thoughts get scattered, I start feeling emotional then it turns into frustration and I want everyone to stat away from me then it just feels like I am in this cold, lonely cycle where I can't deal with people.
Anyways I would like to hear everyone thoughts on this.

Eric28887

I always seem to experience more sleeping problems around this time of year, and why that is I don't know. I can't say I ever get particularly stressed around the holidays. I always feel like there is a lot going on this time of year regardless of the holidays so that is stressful in itself. My work schedule doesn't help either as I work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift throughout the course of the work week. There is almost no regularity to when I can get sleep. I am the same way if I am sleep deprived, the last thing I want to do is see or socialize with anyone. I almost feel like saying Hi to someone is too much for me to handle.

Tarrant

Hi
I had a similar problem, after reading the book Mrs Wanda Pratnicka 'Possessed by Ghosts'
I contact with Wanda and I learned that it was follows of the spirits, and after a few months of therapy Wanda helped me.
I hope that She will be able to help you too.

EscapeArtist

Yes same problem. It probably has to do with the loss of light, maybe something about less serotonin being created by the sunlight, and then also that would mean that less melatonin is produced? I don't know. Or just not having clear boundaries between night and day with both of them being dark outside. I'm sorry you're having that problem, a few things you can try are light lamps (google it, for SAD because I don't know much about them), vitamin D, melatonin for the evening, and get lots of exercise in the day.

spearhunter

Or you can try something like 5HTP, it is also supposedly have to do with serotonin, I have been having sleep problems for the last 2 years, so cant comment if its better or worse during winter

jaim38

Both extreme heat and cold make me sleepy. I feel more energetic when temperatures are just right.