School reunion

Daniel089

I feel like I want to stop time...

I've got invited to an elementary school reunion. Though I've been on 2 in the past few years, I've rarely seen those people in the past 8 years. And in the 2 reunions I can't remember saying a normal sentence.

I know I should overcome my fears and all I got 2 and a half weeks to do that. I can't only talk about myself, about what I did in all those years, because I did really just a few things, I can summon them up in a few sentences and that's all.

Some girls from my old class just looked at me like I'm infected or something, not because I was ugly but because of my behaviour and dullness.

I'm not attending the event because I'm so curious about how successful my former classmates are (so I won't be dying of envy), I'm more like going because I didn't hang out with people really long ago.

If everything fails then I might just shut up and listen, that did work before. I should just stop worrying about it, and try to be myself. But I'm not myself among people if you know what I mean...

Any tips, ideas?????

WeirdyMcGee

Well... I can't give you any tips, really.
Are there people you would like to see?

My schools don't have reunions because in that small town, 90% of the people who are born there/raised there/go to school there, will NEVER move away... so there's no point in a reunion because they see eachother every day.
There would be a few people I'd like to see, though... so if there were a reunion, it might be worth it to just go.

So, if you're curious and want to see some people, I think it could be worth it to just hang in there maybe?

Boby

Come on in 8 years I'm pretty sure a lot has happen including for you,there are a lot of things that you can say/ask,the problem is you are afraid that some of those may not be appropriate.
Also as you said you can always listen and when you have an idea just spill it out.

1BlackSheep

I have a high school reunion coming up this year, but think I'll pass. I went to my 10 year reunion and it didn't seem that people had changed much!

WeirdyMcGee

Lol - I need more help than that! ::p:

uhh... hire some actors to dress like bodyguards and follow you around?
Then when people want to talk to you, you won't have to because your bodyguards will turn them away with an unapproving nod.

outcome:
people will think you're very rich and important
and you won't have to say a single word!

1BlackSheep

uhh... hire some actors to dress like bodyguards and follow you around?
Then when people want to talk to you, you won't have to because your bodyguards will turn them away with an unapproving nod.

outcome:
people will think you're very rich and important
and you won't have to say a single word!
Not a bad idea!!! ::p:

I think I should just hire some hot young guy to accompany me so everyone will think I'm a "cougar"! ;)