Scared to approach girls

I'd think the best way to meet a girl is through one of your personal interests. Then you'll both have things in common and that built in topic to talk about if you start to feel akward. That's all I can think of. Hope it helps

iamthenra

I'm scared too... But I don't know that it is fear of rejection at least for me anyways... It might be, but over the years I tend to fear me making a fool of myself more than anything... I always seem to get tongue tied and sometimes even stutter. Half the time I can't say what I want to, even if I try... It always comes out as "fluffic".... A language that only I can understand. Even at 41 I am still avoiding women, or at least direct contact...

Kieran

I've been the same way for years... but I'm making a point to change that. I've been afraid of rejection, because of past rejections. But, at the same time, I kick myself for missed oppurtunities, and I hate feeling alone and unloved. So I figure a little humiliation is worth it, if I can change that. Hasn't changed so far, but I've only been at it a month. Might take me years to change how I feel about approaching women.

Outshined

I'm the same. There are girls in a few of my classes I wouldn't mind getting to know even just as friends, and I might be talking with them if I weren't socially retarded. For me, it's simply a fear of being afraid around others. So irrational... I mean it's not like a rejection is going to make my social life any worse. haha

TimArends

This is the most common type of shyness. People who are not shy in any other way, if they have any shyness at all, it is usually in the area of talking to the opposite sex. Are you shy in other ways? Do you have trouble making guy friends? If not, it is probably pure anxiety that keeps you from talking to girls. If you know how to talk to guys, many of the same principles apply in talking to girls. If it makes you feel more confident, maybe you can meet girls while you're out with some of your guy friends. Being with existing friends might give you more confidence.

I've been the same way for years... but I'm making a point to change that. I've been afraid of rejection, because of past rejections. But, at the same time, I kick myself for missed oppurtunities, and I hate feeling alone and unloved. So I figure a little humiliation is worth it, if I can change that. Hasn't changed so far, but I've only been at it a month. Might take me years to change how I feel about approaching women.

Dont we all. I still dont want to be humiliated, i dream of mutual respect and attraction, but maybe that would be too easy/perfect.

Anything rather than "pulling women", i dont like the thought of that.

davidburke

i never approach girls because i'd be lucky to be even able to talk when i do. one really cute girl from college was clearly interested in me but she did did all the talking and i think she must of thought i was wasn't interested from my body language.. i was terrified :eek: so that probably scared her off

davidburke

For what it's worth...girls poop and fart too. We're humans just like you. I know, I know...girls aren't supposed to poo or fart, but too bad. We do! I bet that you won't feel as terrified if you remember that next time. :)

girls poop and fart :eek: thats disgusting ::p:

mrb

That you already have a girlfriend? :) You're witty and fun on here so I think you're capable of being the same in real life. I mean, you're obviously capable of having a girlfriend. If you can pull one you can pull another. Dude! I am in no way encouraging you to cheat on your girlfriend. lol I just realized how it sounded as though I was encouraging you to pull other women. lol I mean, I wouldn't judge you but I also wouldn't encourage you.

im really still trying to , analize that post :)

^Same, pm me if anyone ever needs advice and doesn't want to put it on the boards. I always get really frustrated when I see these kinds of posts because even though we're girls, we're still human! I'd be glad to give advice if anyone needs. As good advice as I can give, anyway, besides saying "Goodness gracious, we're just PEOPLE!"

Mikefly

I don't approach women either they have to approach me . I'm not ugly either imo but it's still tough to spit "game" for myself.

FinalSolution

Well its normal that u r scared to approach them. Girls r all evil and manipulative and u will just end with broken heart!
Just kidding... or maybe not xD

mads

Well its normal that u r scared to approach them. Girls r all evil and manipulative and u will just end with broken heart!
Just kidding... or maybe not xD

Well guys can be quite manipulative too, so I really doubt we are much better. And the thing is just, yes some girls are manipulative and some guys are manipulative