Scared of commitment?

sahxox

Ok realised I am scared of commitment... career wise, relationship wise, even staying in the country wise. Lol all these make me claustrophobic.
Relationship wise: if I like someone, and find out they like me back, I shut down completely and lose attraction.

I feel this anxiety right to my bones just thinking about commiting to such things. Does anyone else know where I'm coming from or am I crazy?? haha

Nanita

I can relate to this. In general I have difficulties developing longtime relationships with people and maintaining contact to people... friends, partners, family members. It´s not like I don´t want relationships with people, I guess it´s more like a subconscious fear of not beving fully loved or accepted by the people I feel close to, and fear of being rejected, left, misunderstood. And there are obvious parallels to my childhood.
Like you I have also always been uncomfortable with settling with any steady job, school or home. So, yeah...
It´s like a form of self protection, to not commit. But not the best way to live..

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Aye... but ah cannae really elaberate on it mair than that.

Ah guess am just scared that ah'll get rejected or that'll ah'll not be everything the other person wants. Let them down, relationship-wise