Scalp sweating and Ts

kandyjet

Hello,

i just wrote a doctor who do ETS and got the below reply.

For scalp, we will do it at T2 level
Side effects are compensatory and possible gustatory sweating

Glad that if they do not touch any other T Ganglia than T2.

kandyjet

Mate... I'd really think long and hard before having ETS surgery. Have a read through this website before making your decision. ETS And Reversals Discussion Forum Forums

I'm not trying to influence you, it's your choice... just think hard about it!

i have kept the foot in two boats now. when i read doctor's articles, i become so happy. When i read patients feedbacks, :kickingmyself::kickingmyself:

Oh goad :sad:

Thanks englishmen .

HHDisturbed

Hello,

i just wrote a doctor who do ETS and got the below reply.

Glad that if they do not touch any other T Ganglia than T2.

I too looked into the ETS surgery a couple years back and they also told me they would clamp between T2 and T3 on the symathetic nerve on each side of the spinal column. To gain access to this nerve they must collapse each lung individually and make an incision in your side and go behind the collapsed lung to clamp the nerve. They also noted the possible compensatory sweating. I already have gustatory sweating and he surgeon said that it probably would not help that.

Weighing out all of the pros and cons along with the $9000 US price tag (2-3 years ago) and likely not covered by insurance...I decided against it. Since that time I have read numerous articles and post by people that said that their sweating actually became worse after the surgery. The surgeon I spoke to said that was a possibility and, if so, may require a reversal procedure but not guaranteed to be successful.

Personally, I would seriously recommend NOT having the surgery. If you are still set on doing the ETS surgery then I would only consider it only after you know you have tried every other treatment. This is a common feeling of many in the forum. However, I wish you the best regardless of your decision.

Last edited:

HHDisturbed

Hey K-Jet...to prove our point you should read today's post by AllSweaty regarding ETS surgery "Why is this happening"

kandyjet

So friends, This compensatory sweating is what bother every one who had ETS it seems.
in my case T2 (as mentioned in post #2 in this thread), my doctor further confirmed that if i under go ETS for my scalp sweating, i will not get the Honer syndrom or droopy eye lids.

No we dont get horner at t2 level
( Horner is when surgery was done earlier by open method and C7, T1 could get damaged in those days )

so now my only concern is compensatory sweating. but is that worse than my scalp sweating??? :kickingmyself: :question:

Sprawling

Look at it this way, scalp sweating compared to potentially sweating everywhere. There is nothing quite like soaking through ones underwear. Compensatory sweating is bad news. If I treat my hands, my underarms and butt cheeks at the same time I get compensatory sweating. At least I have a little bit of control. With ETS, you're screwed.

kandyjet

Look at it this way, scalp sweating compared to potentially sweating everywhere. There is nothing quite like soaking through ones underwear. Compensatory sweating is bad news. If I treat my hands, my underarms and butt cheeks at the same time I get compensatory sweating. At least I have a little bit of control. With ETS, you're screwed.

:kickingmyself::kickingmyself: