Sadness in my eyes

jryden

I'm starting to think that I look sad all the time even when I smile. There's something in my eyes that just looks sad and dead.

I wonder if you can look in someones eyes and tell that they are sad. I dont mean like a one time thing. Anyone could be having a bad day but looking sad all the time.

Like I said, even when I smile, its not genuine.

JuiceB

Same here. It doesn't seem like something I can control. At least I'm not alone in this.

jryden

Same here. It doesn't seem like something I can control. At least I'm not alone in this.

Yes. I cant control it either. I was just looking in the mirror making different faces that I usually make in public. Straight face, wide smile, grin, anything...I still look sad.

Same. More in my past than now.
Things said were like 'you're sad', 'he looks like he wants to cry', 'what's the matter?'

I don't think people like seeing others sad, it must make them feel uncomfortable, so they make an issue of it (say sth, or try to "fix" it)

NP88

Eyes are the window into the soul as they say. You can tell alot from them. I know my eyes look different to me then most peoples. Like my troubles are leaking out from my sockets. It's true though. You can tell alot from the eyes of a human being or any creature for that matter. Think of a dogs big round eyes when their worried or said or happy. Its not hard to tell. They are physically connected to your brain after all. Immediate trasition of thoughts. There is no hiding.

hardy

Bring some happiness into your life ? I meditate to be happy. I read or listen to Buddha's teachings and listen to positive talks on you tube, meet positive and happy people to be happy.

Buddha's teachings place great importance in the place you habitat, the people you associate with. Associate with foolish or ignorant people, and the chances are we will be unhappy. Be at a disturbing place, chances are we will become unhappy/agitated.

Giving the mind positive food. Good books, meeting positive people and being at a peaceful place can do this.

tumblr_lz4wscHYsb1qhrvngo1_500.jpg