Returned to smoking

dannyboy65

I first started smoking when I was 15 and I smoked till I was 19. I quit for 2 years and today I picked it back up. I feel like garbage for doing it it's just I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so stressed with everything I just needed an escape and I felt like I needed this. I am so stupid for picking it back up but I need the fix....

Carol

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Don't worry about what happened today, tomorrow is a new day, you can start again.

GraybeardGhost

Yea but I already spent money on it I can't waste it.

The money's already spent; there's nothing you can do about that now. However, you can make sure you don't throw any more money down that hole. Give them away, throw them away, flush them down the crapper. The sooner you get rid of them, the easier it will be to quit again, and the less likely you will be to waste more money on that garbage. Cut your losses now so they won't increase later. Good luck.

Carol

I understand the reasoning but you'll be paying a lot more in health costs if you get addicted again.

Hello dannyboy,

What is done is done as Graybeard explained.

You can't do anything to change it, however you can do something to keep yourself for feeling remorse, I don't smoke, but if it were me, I'd tell myself "I was in a really bad mood, and I felt damn good after smoking, so I did it for a reason, and it sure relieved me".

To avoid doing it in the future, give yourself reasons to not do it, by asking yourself these many questions :

*Do I want to spend my money on something that is harmful?
*Do I want to risk having lung / mouth cancer?
*Do I want to ruin my teeth?
...and so on

We are here to support you dannyboy, don't be hard with yourself

Last edited: