Rescue Remedy?

Frazy91

Ok, so long story short, new job is taking so much out of me, finding it hard to cope with the amount of stress i put myself under. So i need something to help. Im very paranoid about proper medication and what it could do to my body, so i dont want to go near there.

I heard about something called rescue remedy? A natural herbal thing, that seems to work for some people and not for others? Does anyone else have any experiences with this?

Aussie_Lad

It does work, but it's no miracle cure. All I can suggest is that you try it and see if it helps your situation.

It's a Homeopathic medicine.
I've had that stuff for years. Disappointing. It never seemed to do anything at all for me. Followed the instructions exactly. Maybe I didn't use it for the right emotional situations. Dunno.

Never heard if it...
Whats it supposed to do??
"Rescue" you from a major emotional problems, or sth like that. Major stress situations.

I just found 2 full bottles of the stuff in my pantry - 1 still in packet. On the bottle it says "Rescue Remedy provides support at times of emotional demand, such as before a driving test or interview, exam or fligt, or when you simply need a little help". Seems a bit "vague" a description for my liking.
But just for the hell of it, I sprayed it in my mouth a couple times, as instructed (& seemed to get it everywhere except IN my mouth!). It has a noticeably alcoholic taste to it, quite pleasnt actually.

There's even a website - Rescue Remedy - Official Site

gazelle

Don't know about rescue remedy but juicing fresh and sweet oranges after work made quite a difference for me the next day.The oranges certainly had to be sweet(if sour can have a reverse effect and make your body more acidic;don't try this if your think your body is acidic)and the reason is because of it's vitamin c .Vitamin c can do wonders in eliminating stress effects and the best way to get it is by natural sources.
Since you mentioned being paranoid about medication, you can also visit this site:
Anxiety Remedies
Stress Remedies
It has a whole bunch of natural remedies that poeple have found to be useful.

Last edited:
I'm THINKING I could probably send a bottle down to Christchurch (NZ), as still major earthquake situation down there. Somebody might find some better use of them than I do. A major [natural] disaster like an earthquake is for sure a MAJORLY stressful event. Rescue Remedy states that it "provides support at times of emotional demand ... or when you simply need a little help". A major earthquake I would say is a time of "signifiant emotional demand", and many people would most likely be "needing a little help".

I SO LOVE all these nice/easy/vague ("fat") words! They simplify everything - life becomes SO simple & easy when you use & apply such nice, simple, "happy" little words!

Example astrology forecast for a person in quake-striken Christchurch (my comments are in the {} brackets)...
"You are in for a {anywhere between minor to major} shock, or {anywhere between minor to major} upheaval in your life. So your stress levels will {probably, but not necesarily} rise. In this period, you will also experience some changes in your life {changes? in life? no way!}. It would be recommended that you seek some support {either professional, from a friend, from yourself, or not at all - just SEEKING the help/support will be enough} in order to feel better. As well, since you will be experiencing some trouble with your feelings at this time, it might be wise to tend to them, otherwise they may worsen {or get better - one of the two!}. Try to look after yourself in this period {of the exactly ONE single day that this reading applies to - tommorrow everything will be TOTALLY different, and as such you will need to study the reading for THAT day ... which will be more-or-less almost eactly the same as today's reading}. Make sure you are eating properly {eg eating junk food with a knife & fork}, sleeping alright {at least for 1 hour per day}, and getting sufficient exercise {say, once a year?}. Perhaps look at a dietary supplement, such as Rescue Remedy©, which supports/strengthens/stabilizes {ALL of the 1000s of different ones} the feelings and emotions in times of stress {ie in ANY "stressful" situation, which can be practically anything on earth that one can experience (esp if SA'er)}"

So what I am saying, is that I really have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA if Rescue Remedy would actually benefit such earthquake-affected people. This is due to the descriptions of what it does, being similarly like the typical astrology forecast (or the Bible/etc), are SO SO general & vague & "fuzzy", that all it really tells you is that basically "it can handle anything in life", but not much more specific than that. And it's the SPECIFICS that are needed really, when trying to resolve one's problems.

Last edited:

Davevanza

Ok, so long story short, new job is taking so much out of me, finding it hard to cope with the amount of stress i put myself under. So i need something to help. Im very paranoid about proper medication and what it could do to my body, so i dont want to go near there.

I heard about something called rescue remedy? A natural herbal thing, that seems to work for some people and not for others? Does anyone else have any experiences with this?

Hi,

Yes i still have 2 small tube-like glass bottles, in a spray form, of Rescue remedy.
It is a Homeopathic mixture of bach Flowers essence, in a "brandy kind of based-alcohol".

The recommended dose is just 2-4 sprays under the tongue, but I used even 8 sprays with no effects.

I find it, drinking red wine is more effective, as it has the antioxidant Resveratrol.

Well, again, everyone reacts differently to a same product, so the best advice to seek, is your doctor or naturopath, as they know your condition better.

Kind regards,
Dave