Reputation point system

Nervous

I noticed that as well. Even if one could rep themselves, it wouldn't get them to distinguished because they have no rep power to begin with. I would guess someone with rep power is just giving it out randomly to use them up because you have to do about 20 before you can do the same person again. That's all I can think of. :confused:

I think the reason why the new members already start off on a distinguished road is because they joined after SPW was upgraded to vBulletin. Whereas those who were already here back in the days of phpBB got screwed.

gsmax5

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before in the thread, but what is the difference between the green reputation box and the blue one???

Nervous

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before in the thread, but what is the difference between the green reputation box and the blue one???

I think the only people who have the blue box are those who joined before the forum was upgraded to vBulletin around early February. Anybody who joined afterward starts with a green box and on a distinguished road.

gsmax5

lyricalliaisons

What is a rep point? I've never heard of them before. I'm rarely on this site lately, so maybe it's something sort-of new that I just haven't come across yet. I'm sorry if someone else has posted this question, but I didn't read the second page (slow connection).

gsmax5

What is a rep point? I've never heard of them before. I'm rarely on this site lately, so maybe it's something sort-of new that I just haven't come across yet. I'm sorry if someone else has posted this question, but I didn't read the second page (slow connection).

If you click on "User CP" (inbetween Home and FAQ in the navigation bar) it shows you the reputation points you have and why you got them. You can give out rep points clicking the balanced scale icon under someone's avatar.

Morgan01

how come you can't see how many points you get from each thing..and yeah why are some green and some grey.. is that because of how many points they gave you or because of that persons rep.. ?
I started after february and I don't think I started on a distinguished road.. I just saw today I was on a distinguished road and was like yay. but I did start green I think..

Rodox

I couldnt care less about this,but I really dont think is a good idea in a site like this,it just isolates some users
thumbsdown_smiley.gif
,but what do I know?

Remus

Staff member
I think it just came with the forum software, it seems disabled to me on the moderator panel