Relationships: How often would you want to see your intimate other?

Amitush123

Two days, three days max,,,need time to study, and the alone time is very important, too

Last edited:
Enough to feel good having that person with me, it relieves me and I feel lighter.

But not so much that I would be agitated by presence of a second person. :)

Flanscho

Depends on the kind of relationship, how old it is, whether we share a flat and if we don't then how far we live apart, "see each other" for what (like do something together or just say 'hi').

Something between daily and three times a week.

thegunners21

as other have said, depends on a lot of factors. But ideally (if i had a gf), I would like to see her perhaps 4-5 times a week.

telepathine

helena bonham carter and tim burton have a setup that's immensely appealing to me:

Their homes are side by side in London's Belsize Park. Bonham Carter, 44, and Burton 52, met while filming Planet of the Apes and have been in a relationship since 2001.

The Corpse Bride actress splits her time scurrying between the two properties with Burton, their kids, Billy Ray and Nell and their nanny. She says she's aware that the unmarried pair are looked at as a couple of kooks whose kids may not even live with them.

"They say Tim and I are a mad couple with subterranean tunnels between our adjoining houses, and that our children live down the road with another couple," she has said.

She goes on to explain the layout:

"We just have two houses knocked together because mine was too small. We see as much of each other as any couple, but our relationship is enhanced by knowing we have our personal space to retreat to. It's not enforced intimacy. It's chosen, which is quite flattering, if you can afford it."

As of now, they have no plans to marry, but are both incredibly happy with the arrangement. Bonham Carter says it has even "enhanced" their relationship.

Hey, whatever works.

i'd love to have my own private cottage to retreat to, even if i was married. ideally we'd visit each other every day for a little bit (sometimes longer), perhaps every other day. :p