Reasons Against Suicide

Marc7

You don't want your family to get media attention and police attention. Plus you don't your family and friends to be sad and possibly get a mental illness.

Last edited:

platypusjelly

The thought of the people I love finding me. I've been on shift when someone has passed away. Even though it's expected I've never seen people suffer so much pain...I just couldn't do it to those who I love and who love me.

Plus its a huge hassle to plan everything, I think that's why psychologists/physicians ask if you have plans, maybe they're gauging how serious you are by the sheer amount of effort you've put into it?

razzle dazzle rose

I still want to listen to the music. Really, it is true. About ten years ago I tried to kill myself but was listening to these songs, and I thought I am never going to listen to these songs again and that was just too hard.

So music is one for me. Listening to it anyway. Um, all the little pleasures, like eating good desserts and laughing at a really good joke. Today my niece said something that made me laugh so much. I want to see her grow up.

I find that every time I have these feelings, I don't really want to die. I just don't want to feel the pain anymore. The good thing is that I don't feel that way for too long, though the feelings do come often. I wait for them to pass. I do fear that a day may come in which the feelings may become too intense and I will do something I don't really want to do. I suppose I have to do something now so it doesn't come to that.

I guess I want to be around to see what happens. Maybe I will manage to change my life around. I have to let myself have that chance.

ImNotMyIllness

I still want to listen to the music. Really, it is true. About ten years ago I tried to kill myself but was listening to these songs, and I thought I am never going to listen to these songs again and that was just too hard.

So music is one for me. Listening to it anyway. Um, all the little pleasures, like eating good desserts and laughing at a really good joke. Today my niece said something that made me laugh so much. I want to see her grow up.

I find that every time I have these feelings, I don't really want to die. I just don't want to feel the pain anymore. The good thing is that I don't feel that way for too long, though the feelings do come often. I wait for them to pass. I do fear that a day may come in which the feelings may become too intense and I will do something I don't really want to do. I suppose I have to do something now so it doesn't come to that.

I guess I want to be around to see what happens. Maybe I will manage to change my life around. I have to let myself have that chance.

Humor actually is another reason why I continue to live. As depressed as I can be, I still love to joke around and laugh.

I guess in the end, I really don't want to die. I just want a reason to live. I do have many but I've lost my passion along the way. I need to reconnect with it. Become passionate again. Rekindle that flame.

It's hard to imagine turning my life around. I just can't see it.....But, anything's possible. I still haven't given up hope, so I may yet have a chance to be happy....to thrive........to really live! That's what I want to do. I want to really live, not just exist but live.