random things

Witnessed first snow yesterday. But the ground is still not icy enough to prevent me from biking home for lunch (I won't eat at school cafeteria unless it's absolutely unavoidable). Speaking of lunch, I noticed something interesting: every day after lunch, I have class, during which you'll find me sitting at the back corner of the room, in my usual slumped posture. It's just after lunch, so my tummy would be full, also the classroom would always be super warm, so it always made me feel very sleepy. So sleepy that I literally had trouble keeping my eyelids open, let alone concentrating on the lesson. but I really wanted to pay attention to Mrs. X's lecture (because 1. I didn't want to have to teach it to myself after 2. Mrs. X is one of my favorite teachers). However, there was really nothing I could do to refresh myself. So what I had to do is to try to make eye contact with random people in the class whenever possible. And as you know social phobics could potentially get panic attacks from prolonged eye contact, but by purposely doing exact that, I got just enough adrenalin to stop myself from dozing off! isn't that an amazing use for SP? :D

de-vin

That was pretty cool how you used it...with me, I've spent so much time, trying to solve my fears and figure out whats bothering me, I found that I can solve other peoples simple issures, because mine are so large theirs are simple to solve...I think being crazy is both a curse and a blessing...wouldn't you say? :wink:

de-vin said:
That was pretty cool how you used it...with me, I've spent so much time, trying to solve my fears and figure out whats bothering me, I found that I can solve other peoples simple issures, because mine are so large theirs are simple to solve...I think being crazy is both a curse and a blessing...wouldn't you say? :wink:

Yes. it's always good to see the positive side of things.. But SP is overall more of a curse than blessing for me. I mean, there's gonna be so much things that we're going to miss out on in life.. things like real friendship, love, children.. all because of SP

As for figuring out your own fears etc... I've done a lot of that too.. in the end, what I found is, figuring out / recognizing fears and what triggers them is one thing, but making them go away is like.. impossible - for me anyways... So what i mean is, i've done a lot of thinking about my fears but knowing it never really helped me conquer them, even if i know they're irrational. So in that sense I've never really solved any of my issues yet.