Quivering lips when nervous

shon

Today, I met with my daughter's 4 school teachers. They were talking about her special ed classes, her improvements and what she needs for the next school year. The whole time, I'd stare at them and I realized my bottom lip was quivering. I felt like they noticed it too and it was very awkward. I was so focused on how I must look to them that I didn't hear most of what they said. That was the first time I've had a lip quivering problem. Does anyone else do that?

This happens to me a lot. I have to have my teeth pressed down in order for them not the chatter, because it's just always shaking. My lips move alogn with this too. So yeah, it happens to me.

xSleepy

Hmmmm.... im not sure that happens to me. It could, but maybe I dont notice cause im too concernd about the rest of my body shaking. But I know my lip shakes when I cry, or when im about to cry but im holding it in. But im pretty sure thats normal.

SilentType

Banned
Definitely a big problem for me that just causes more anxiety. It's like a big anxiety snowball that just keeps rolling up new anxieties based on our old anxieties. I've decided I've got to melt the snow and soon, before I miss out on my "best years."

Peace

4seasons

When I was 15(before i realized I ad SA) I had to stand at my Dad's wedding. After the reception and everything was over we went to some park to take pictures. I had to get one taken of just me and I was standing there in the middle of this huge empty space by myself with like 100 people standing in a circle around me and the photographers where having problems with a flash or something and the entire time I stood there my bottom felt it was having a seizer without the rest of my body. Its crazy how that feels, I was so red the whole time.....this is one of the things that sort of made me feel there was something wrong.

shon

Yeah, the table we were sitting at wasn't very big and one of the teachers was sitting too close to me. She kept talking and I kept moving my legs around and thinking I don't want to stare at her face. I looked at her eyes the whole time and it made me uncomfortable. I wanted to scoot my chair away in the opposite direction but thought that may seem rude. Plus, there was another teacher on the other side of me so I'd be moving closer to her. My lips were quivering and I thought this is weird!

They commented on my daughter being shy and I said yeah, she got that from her momma. That way maybe they'd just think I acted strangely because of shyness.