Question for people on disability ?

Bo592

I Google this before coming here and could not find any good support about what I was wanting to know. All I wanted to know was is there any good advice on How to switch from disability check to paycheck. But I hardly find any good answers or a lest not enough on what I wanted to know about. I find out that you have a earning limits and their used to be a thing called ticket to work. But not sure if that still is real or not.

The problem is not knowing how to find a job with in the earning limits and figuring out what am I good at. How on earth is that possible I tried looking for a job online before and find out nobody in there adds told how much you would make if you work there.

1. Do you ever think about finding a Job ?

2. if you want a job you have to first know about your earning limits are . Do you know how to find out what your earning limits are ?

3.Do you know how to find a job with in you earning limits ?

4. if you never work before Do you know of a training group or something that you can take to help you learn how to look for jobs and find out what your skills are.

5. Do you depend on your check to the point where you fear the though of getting a job ?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
If you're on disability for SA then it's probably going to be tough collecting it with a job. From what I understand, being employed makes getting disability for SA virtually impossible in the first place.

I'm assuming a lot, though. I live in NC so it may be a lot different where you are.

Bo592

If you're on disability for SA then it's probably going to be tough collecting it with a job. From what I understand, being employed makes getting disability for SA virtually impossible in the first place.

I'm assuming a lot, though. I live in NC so it may be a lot different where you are.
I wonder if people has stories where they used to live on their disability check and then went out and tried a job and it work for a while and then lost their job and their check and their place where they live and now live on the streets. And Now regret that they every tried to work like a normal person.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I wonder if people has stories where they used to live on their disability check and then went out and tried a job and it work for a while and then lost their job and their check and their place where they live and now live on the streets. And Now regret that they every tried to work like a normal person.

I wouldn't doubt it.

Apparently you can lose your disability if you simply haven't been to the doctor for a while. Your doctor can say "Well, there's nothing else I can do for you, so there's no need to come back." And the government will look at your records and determine that since you're no longer receiving care you must be okay and cancel your benefits.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13184637/1/how-you-can-lose-your-social-security-benefits.html#2

:eek: